Pain exacerbation as a major source of lost productive time in US workers with arthritis
Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 53, Issue 5, pages 673–681, 15 October 2005
How to Cite
Ricci, J. A., Stewart, W. F., Chee, E., Leotta, C., Foley, K. and Hochberg, M. C. (2005), Pain exacerbation as a major source of lost productive time in US workers with arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 53: 673–681. doi: 10.1002/art.21453
- Issue online: 5 OCT 2005
- Version of Record online: 5 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 MAY 2005
- Manuscript Received: 14 APR 2005
- Caremark and Merck & Company
- 2Arthritis and employment research: where are we? Where do we need to go? J Rheumatol Suppl 2005; 72: 42–5..
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of disabilities and associated health conditions among adults: United States, 1999 [published erratum appears in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001;50:149]. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2001; 50: 120–5.
- 6Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Update: direct and indirect costs of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions: United States, 1997. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2004; 53: 388–9.
- 21Bureau of Labor Statistics, Bureau of the Census. Current population survey. URL: http://www.bls.census.gov/cps/cpsmain.htm.
- 22National Center for Health Statistics. Plan and operation of the Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, United States, 1971–1973. In: Vital and health statistics, series 1, No. 10b. Washington (DC): US Government Printing Office; 1973 Feb. Department of Health, Education, and Welfare Publication No.: (HSM) 73-1310.
- 23Validation study of WOMAC: a health status instrument for measuring clinically-important patient-relevant outcomes following total hip or knee arthroplasty in osteoarthritis. J Orthop Rheumatol 1988; 1: 95–108., , , , .
- 24Development of the Australian/Canadian (AUSCAN) osteoarthritis (OA) hand index [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40 Suppl: S110., , , , , , et al.
- 25Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Arthritis prevalence and activity limitations: United States, 1990. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1994; 43: 433–8.
- 26Measuring indirect costs: is there a problem? Appl Health Econ Health Policy 2003; 2: 135–9., .
- 27US Office of Personal Management. Federal civilian workforce statistics: occupations of federal white-collar and blue-collar workers as of September 39, 1999. URL: http://www.opm.gov/feddata/ocwcbc99.pdf.
- 28Job content instrument: questionnaire and user's guide, version 1.1. Los Angeles: University of Southern California; 1986., , , , .