Tumor necrosis factor antagonists and infections: The small print on the price tag
Article first published online: 5 OCT 2005
Copyright © 2005 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 53, Issue 5, pages 631–635, 15 October 2005
How to Cite
Bongartz, T., Matteson, E. L. and Orenstein, R. (2005), Tumor necrosis factor antagonists and infections: The small print on the price tag. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 53: 631–635. doi: 10.1002/art.21471
- Issue published online: 5 OCT 2005
- Article first published online: 5 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Received: 8 OCT 2004
- 5Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1051–65., , , , , , et al.
- 6Adalimumab, a fully human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in patients taking concomitant methotrexate: the ARMADA trial. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 35–45., , , , , , et al.
- 7Adalimumab, a fully human anti tumor necrosis factor-alpha monoclonal antibody, and concomitant standard antirheumatic therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: results of STAR (Safety Trial of Adalimumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis). J Rheumatol 2003; 30: 2563–71., , , , , , et al.
- 10Transgenic mice expressing high levels of soluble TNF-R1 fusion protein are protected from lethal septic shock and cerebral malaria, and are highly sensitive to Listeria monocytogenes and Leishmania major infections. Eur J Immunol 1995; 25: 2401–7., , , , , , et al.
- 12Fatal miliary tuberculosis following treatment with infliximab. Tunis Med 2004; 82: 393–6. In French., , , , .
- 18Pneumonia due to Cryptococcus neoformans in a patient receiving infliximab: possible zoonotic transmission from a pet cockatiel. Respir Care 2004; 49: 606–8., , , , .
- 28Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 30Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may predispose to significant increase in tuberculosis risk: a multicenter active-surveillance report. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2122–7., , , , .
- 39Diagnostic Standards and Classification of Tuberculosis in Adults and Children. This official statement of the American Thoracic Society and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was adopted by the ATS Board of Directors, July 1999. This statement was endorsed by the Council of the Infectious Disease Society of America, September 1999. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000; 161: 1376–95.