Dr. Smolen has received consulting fees or honoraria (less than $10,000 per year) from Centocor, Schering-Plough, Wyeth, Abbott, and Aventis. Drs. van der Heijde, St.Clair, Emery, and Kalden have received consulting fees (less than $10,000 per year) from Centocor. Dr. Bathon has received consulting fees or honoraria (less than $10,000 per year) from Centocor and Synta Pharma and has grant support or contracts from Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Idec, Genentech, and Roche. Dr. Keystone has received consulting fees or honoraria from Centocor and Schering-Plough. Dr. Maini has received consulting fees or honoraria (less than $10,000 per year) from Centocor and Schering-Plough, owns stock in Johnson & Johnson, and receives royalties from the Kennedy Institute of Rheumatology Trust for an anti-TNF patent. Dr. Schiff has received research grants from Centocor. Dr. St.Clair has received consulting fees or honoraria from Genentech and Human Genome Sciences, as well as grant or contract support from Genentech and Amgen. Drs. Baker, C. Han, and Bala own stock or have stock options in Johnson & Johnson.
Predictors of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis treated with high-dose methotrexate with or without concomitant infliximab: Results from the ASPIRE trial
Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 702–710, March 2006
How to Cite
Smolen, J. S., Van Der Heijde, D. M. F. M., St.Clair, E. W., Emery, P., Bathon, J. M., Keystone, E., Maini, R. N., Kalden, J. R., Schiff, M., Baker, D., Han, C., Han, J., Bala, M. and Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset (ASPIRE) Study Group (2006), Predictors of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis treated with high-dose methotrexate with or without concomitant infliximab: Results from the ASPIRE trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 54: 702–710. doi: 10.1002/art.21678
- Issue online: 28 FEB 2006
- Version of Record online: 28 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 8 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 13 APR 2005
- Centocor, Malvern, PA, which is a subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, NJ
- Schering-Plough, Kenilworth, NJ
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 28Updated consensus statement on biological agents for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and other immune mediated inflammatory diseases. Ann Rheum Dis 2003; 62 Suppl 2: ii2–9., , , , , , et al.
- 30Reference procedure for the erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) test. National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards; 1988. Document H2–A2., , .
- 31Clinical laboratory methods for detection of antigens and antibodies. In: StitesDP, TerrAD, ParslowTG, editors. Medical immunology. Stanford (CT): Appleton and Lange; 1997. p. 211–53., , .
- 35Biostatistics: a methodology for the health sciences. 1st ed. Hoboken (NJ): Wiley-Interscience; 1993., .
- 44ATTRACT Study Group. Evidence of radiographic benefit of treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis patients who had no clinical improvement: a detailed subanalysis from the Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis with Concomitant Therapy Study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1020–30., , , , , , et al, for the
- 45Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3381–90., , , , , , et al.