Illness uncertainty, partner caregiver burden and support, and relationship satisfaction in fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis patients
Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 86–93, 15 February 2006
How to Cite
Reich, J. W., Olmsted, M. E. and van Puymbroeck, C. M. (2006), Illness uncertainty, partner caregiver burden and support, and relationship satisfaction in fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis patients. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 55: 86–93. doi: 10.1002/art.21700
- Issue published online: 6 FEB 2006
- Article first published online: 6 FEB 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 AUG 2005
- Manuscript Received: 11 JAN 2005
- Arthritis Foundation
- 2Psychosocial aspects of fibromyalgia syndrome. J Appl Rehabil Counsel 1994; 25: 42–6., .
- 3Functions of varied experience. Homewood (IL): Dorsey; 1961., .
- 4Motivational problems raised by exploratory and epistemic behavior. In: KochS, editor. Psychology: a study of a science. Vol. 5. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1963..
- 5Restricted stimulation: research and clinical application. New York: Wiley; 1980..
- 6Exploratory and related behavior: a new trend in animal research. J Individ Psychol 1958; 14: 111–20..
- 8Uncertainty in illness manual. Chapel Hill (NC): University of North Carolina School of Nursing; 1997..
- 10Predictors of psychosocial adjustment in patients newly diagnosed with gynecological cancer. Cancer Nurs 1984; 13: 291–9., , , .
- 12Uncertainty of illness and pain helplessness relationships with mental health and coping processes in fibromyalgia. Submitted for publication., , , .
- 14Positive affect as a source of resilience to pain and stress for women in chronic pain. Health Psychol. In Press., , .
- 16Depressive feelings and somatic complaints of patients with fibromyalgia: the role of partners' active involvement, overprotectiveness, and protective buffering. Gedrag Gezond 2003; 31: 19–29., , .
- 26Spousal perpetuation of chronic pain behavior. Int J Fam Ther 1985; 7: 259–69., , .
- 28Marital satisfaction, functional impairment, and distress among cancer patients. In: A. Stanton (Chair). Intimate relationships after cancer diagnosis. Symposium conducted at the 106th Annual Convention of the American Psychological Association; Los Angeles (CA): American Psychological Association; 1998., , .
- 32Cognitive and affective features of postpolio syndrome: illness uncertainty, attributional style, and adaptation. Int J Rehab Health 1995; 1: 211–22., , , , , .
- 37Secondary victimization, coping, and adjustment to rheumatoid arthritis [unpublished doctoral thesis]. Tempe: Arizona State University; 1987..
- 38Multiple regression: testing and interpreting interactions. Newbury Park (CA): Sage; 1991., .