Health-related quality of life in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis
Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 199–207, 15 April 2006
How to Cite
Shaw, K. L., Southwood, T. R., Duffy, C. M. and McDonagh, J. E. (2006), Health-related quality of life in adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 55: 199–207. doi: 10.1002/art.21852
- Issue online: 31 MAR 2006
- Version of Record online: 31 MAR 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 NOV 2005
- Manuscript Received: 7 SEP 2005
- Arthritis Research Campaign. Grant Number: SO635
- 1Health care need assessment for musculoskeletal diseases: the first step: estimating the number of incident and prevalent cases. Chesterfield (Derbyshire): Arthritis Research Campaign; 2002., , , .
- 9World Health Organization. Final report: Regional Working Group on Health Needs of Adolescents. Manilla, Philippines: World Health Organisation; 1980.
- 11Department of Health. National service framework for children, young people and maternity services. URL: http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAndSocialCareTopics/ChildrenServices/ChildrenServicesInformation/fs/en.
- 12Children's Act. London: HMSO; 1989.
- 13United Nations. Convention on the rights of the child. Geneva: United Nations; 1989.
- 17British Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology. Growing up and moving on in rheumatology: development and preliminary evaluation of a transitional care programme for a multicentre cohort of adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. J Child Health Care. In press., , , and the
- 18Revision of the proposed classification criteria for juvenile idiopathic arthritis: Durban, 1997. J Rheumatol 1998; 25: 1991–4., , , , , , et al.
- 20The National Statistics Socio-Economic Classification User Manual. London: HMSO; 2004. URL: www.statistics.gov.uk.
- 23British Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology. Growing up and moving on in Rheumatology: disease knowledge in a multicentre cohort of adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis [abstract]. Arch Dis Child 2005; 90 Suppl II: G123., , , and the
- 24Quantitative data analysis with SPSS for Windows: a guide for social scientists. London: Routledge; 1997., .
- 25Statistics for social scientists. London: Harper and Row; 1982., .
- 26Perceived self-efficacy in self-management of chronic disease. In: SchwarzerR, editor. Self-efficacy: thought control of action. London: Hemisphere Publishing Corporation; 1992., .
- 31The mental health of children and adolescents in Great Britain. 2nd ed. London: Office for National Statistics; 2000., , , .
- 38British Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Rheumatology. Growing up and moving on in rheumatology: transitional care and quality of life in a multicentre cohort of adolescents with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) [abstract]. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2005; 44 Suppl 1: i92., , , and the
- 39Research in health care: concepts, design and methods. Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes; 2000., .