Staging joint pain and disability: A brief method using persistence and global severity
Article first published online: 31 MAY 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 411–419, 15 June 2006
How to Cite
Peat, G., Thomas, E. and Croft, P. (2006), Staging joint pain and disability: A brief method using persistence and global severity. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 55: 411–419. doi: 10.1002/art.21986
- Issue published online: 31 MAY 2006
- Article first published online: 31 MAY 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 OCT 2005
- Manuscript Received: 16 AUG 2005
- Medical Research Council, UK. Grant Number: G9900220
- North Staffordshire Primary Care Research Consortium for National Health Service support costs
- 1World Health Organization. The burden of musculoskeletal conditions at the start of the new millenium: report of a WHO scientific group. WHO Technical Report Series No. 919. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003. URL: http://whqlibdoc.who.int/trs/WHO_TRS_919.pdf.
- 4Morbidity statistics from general Practice: fourth national study 1991–1992. London: Office of Population Censuses and Surveys, HMSO; 1995. Series MB5 No. 3., , .
- 9The Primary Care Rheumatology Society. Partnership in practice: the management of osteoarthritis. Northallerton (UK): Primary Care Rheumatology Society; January 1995.
- 11EULAR Recommendations 2003: an evidence based approach to the management of knee osteoarthritis: Report of a Task Force of the Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutic Trials (ESCISIT). Ann Rheum Dis 2003; 62: 1145–55., , , , , , et al.
- 13The Primary Care Rheumatology Society. Knee osteoarthritis: management options. Northallerton (UK): Primary Care Rheumatology Society; February 1999.
- 14National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Referral advice: a guide to appropriate referral from general to specialist services, 2001. URL: http://www.nice.org.uk/pdf/Referraladvice.pdf.
- 181995 Nov. 11; Los Angeles, California.. Presidential address. American Pain Society Annual Scientific Meeting;
- 29WOMAC osteoarthritis index: a user's guide. Ontario: London Health Services Centre, McMaster University; 1996..
- 33The North Staffordshire Osteoarthritis Project: NorStOP: prospective, 3-year study of the epidemiology and management of clinical osteoarthritis in a general population of older adults. BMC Musculoskeletal Dis [serial online] 2004; 5: 2. URL: www.biomedcentral.com., , , , , .
- 34Income: Question Bank topic commentary on income, 1999. Surrey, UK: University of Surrey; 1999. URL: http://qb.soc.surrey.ac.uk/topics/income/thomas_wealth.htm..
- 35Office for National Statistics. Standard occupational classification 2000. Vol. 2. The coding index. London: Office for National Statistics; 2000.
- 36Office for National Statistics. The National Statistics socio-economic classification user manual. Version 1. London: Office for National Statistics; 2002.
- 49Epidemiological and survey methods: assessment of chronic pain. In: TurkDC, MelzackR, editors. Handbook of pain assessment. 2nd ed. New York: The Guildford Press; 2001. p. 603–18..
- 50National Pharmaceutical Council. Pain: current understanding of assessment, management, and treatments. URL: http://www.jcaho.org/news+room/health+care+issues/pain_mono_npc.pdf.