Dr. Hewlett is supported by the Arthritis Research Campaign, UK.
Contribution from the Field
Patients and professionals as research partners: Challenges, practicalities, and benefits
Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 676–680, 15 August 2006
How to Cite
Hewlett, S., Wit, M. d., Richards, P., Quest, E., Hughes, R., Heiberg, T. and Kirwan, J. (2006), Patients and professionals as research partners: Challenges, practicalities, and benefits. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 55: 676–680. doi: 10.1002/art.22091
- Issue online: 27 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 27 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 26 SEP 2005
- 1Department of Health. Patient and public involvement in the new NHS. London: Department of Health; 1999.
- 2National Institutes of Health. Get involved at NIH: public input and participation. URL: http://getinvolved.nih.gov/public_participation.asp.
- 3Involving the public in NHS, public health and social care research: briefing notes for researchers. 2nd ed. Hampshire, UK: Involve; 2004. URL: www.invo.org.uk/pdfs/Briefing%20Note%20Final.dat.pdf., , , , , , et al.
- 4Getting involved in research: a guide for consumers. Winchester: Consumers in NHS Research Support Unit; 2001. URL: www.invo.org.uk/pdfs/guide_for_consumers.pdf., , , .
- 9The Personal Impact HAQ: sensitivity to change of a measure of the impact of disability [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50 Suppl 9: S642., , , , .
- 11Sensitivity to change of the Rheumatoid Arthritis Self-Efficacy Scale (RASE) [abstract]. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2005; 44 Suppl 1: 414., , , , , , et al.
- 12Progress since OMERACT 6 on including the patient perspective in rheumatoid arthritis outcome assessment. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 2246–9., , , , , , et al.