Evaluating quality of life in hip and knee replacement: Psychometric properties of the World Health Organization Quality of Life short version instrument
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 583–590, 15 August 2006
How to Cite
Ackerman, I. N., Graves, S. E., Bennell, K. L. and Osborne, R. H. (2006), Evaluating quality of life in hip and knee replacement: Psychometric properties of the World Health Organization Quality of Life short version instrument. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 55: 583–590. doi: 10.1002/art.22107
- Issue published online: 27 JUL 2006
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 DEC 2005
- Manuscript Received: 12 JUL 2005
- Melbourne Research and Innovation Office (University of Melbourne)
- Arthritis Foundation of Australia. Grant Number: 2003
- Henry James Williams postgraduate scholarship (University of Melbourne)
- Baker Trust, Buckland Foundation
- Arthritis Foundation of Victoria
- 7Australian WHOQOL-100, WHOQOL-Bref and CA-WHOQOL instruments user's manual and interpretation guide. Melbourne: Australian WHOQOL Field Study Centre; 2000., , , , .
- 9Quality of life of people with rheumatoid arthritis as measured by the World Health Organization Quality of Life Instrument, Short Form (WHOQOL-BREF): score distributions and psychometric properties. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 51: 350–7., , , , .
- 14Integrating data to facilitate clinical research: a case study. Inform Prim Care 2005; 13: 263–70., .
- 17Using the Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL) version 1. Melbourne: Monash University Centre for Health Program Evaluation; 2001., , .
- 20Parsimonious and efficient assessment of health-related quality of life in osteoarthritis research: validation of the Assessment of Quality of Life (AQoL) instrument. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2006; E-pubahead of print., , , .
- 23Department of Human Services. Victorian population health survey. Melbourne: Department of Human Services; 2002.
- 24Australian Bureau of Statistics. Use of the Kessler Psychological Distress Scale in ABS health surveys. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2001.
- 27Toward a multidimensional health assessment questionnaire (MDHAQ): assessment of advanced activities of daily living and psychological status in the patient-friendly health assessment questionnaire format. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 2220–30., , .
- 31WOMAC osteoarthritis index: user guide version V. Brisbane; 2002..
- 32Stanford Patient Education Research Centre. Stanford HAQ 8-item disability scale. URL: http://patienteducation.stanford.edu/research/haq8.html.
- 34Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences. 2nd ed. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum; 1988..
- 35Quality of life: assessment, analysis and interpretation. Chichester: Wiley; 2000., .
- 39Health-related quality of life in total hip and total knee arthroplasty: a qualitative and systematic review of the literature. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2004; 86A: 963–74., , , , .