Dr. Peterfy owns stock and/or holds stock options in Synarc and MagneVu.
Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: Evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression
Article first published online: 28 NOV 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 54, Issue 12, pages 3761–3773, December 2006
How to Cite
Brown, A. K., Quinn, M. A., Karim, Z., Conaghan, P. G., Peterfy, C. G., Hensor, E., Wakefield, R. J., O'Connor, P. J. and Emery, P. (2006), Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: Evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 54: 3761–3773. doi: 10.1002/art.22190
- Issue published online: 28 NOV 2006
- Article first published online: 28 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 2 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 2 FEB 2006
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- 4Retardation of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis by initial aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo study. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 2072–81., , , , , , et al.
- 6Subcommittee for Criteria of Remission in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the American Rheumatism Association Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee. Preliminary criteria for clinical remission in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1981; 24: 1308–15., , , and the
- 22Power Doppler ultrasonography for assessment of synovitis in the metacarpophalangeal joints of patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a comparison with dynamic magnetic resonance imaging. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 44: 2018–23., , , , , .
- 24Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane and joint effusion volumes in rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis: comparison with the macroscopic and microscopic appearance of the synovium. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1856–67., , , , , .
- 26Elucidation of the relationship between synovitis and bone damage: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study of individual joints in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 64–71., , , , , , et al.
- 27Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane volume as a marker of disease activity and a predictor of progressive joint destruction in the wrists of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 918–29., , , , , , et al.
- 29Bone edema scored on magnetic resonance imaging scans of the dominant carpus at presentation predicts radiographic joint damage of the hands and feet six years later in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 1814–27., , , , , , et al.
- 31Comparison of ultrasonographic assessment of synovitis and joint vascularity with radiographic evaluation in a randomized, placebo-controlled study of infliximab therapy in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1107–16., , , , , , et al.
- 37A multicenter, double-blind, dose-ranging, randomized, placebo-controlled study of recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: radiologic progression and correlation of Genant and Larsen scores. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: 1001–9., , , , , , et al.
- 41MRI in rheumatoid arthritis at OMERACT 2002: suggested “core set” of MRI acquisitions, definitions of important joint pathologies, and scoring system (OMERACT 2002 RAMRIS) [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46 Suppl 9: S526., , , , , , et al.
- 45A simple sequentially rejective multiple test procedure. Scand J Stat 1979; 6: 65–70..