Dr. Jay has a patent on the use of lubricin, for which he currently receives no licensing fees.
Reduced expression and proteolytic susceptibility of lubricin/superficial zone protein may explain early elevation in the coefficient of friction in the joints of rats with antigen-induced arthritis
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2006
Copyright © 2006 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 108–116, January 2007
How to Cite
Elsaid, K. A., Jay, G. D. and Chichester, C. O. (2007), Reduced expression and proteolytic susceptibility of lubricin/superficial zone protein may explain early elevation in the coefficient of friction in the joints of rats with antigen-induced arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 56: 108–116. doi: 10.1002/art.22321
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2007
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2006
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 SEP 2006
- Manuscript Received: 25 MAY 2006
- NIH. Grant Numbers: K08-AG/AR-01008, P20-RR-016457
- 10Homology of lubricin and superficial zone protein (SZP): products of megakaryocyte stimulating factor (MSF) gene expression by human synovial fibroblasts and articular chondrocytes localized to chromosome lq25. J Orthop Res 2001; 19: 677–87., , , , .
- 14Inhibition of cathepsin B and L retards the loss of boundary lubrication of rheumatoid arthritis synovial fluid aspirates in vitro [abstract]. Trans Orthop Res Soc 2005; 30: 340., , .
- 17Physiological characterization of mBSA antigen induced arthritis in the rat. I. Vascular leakiness and pannus growth. J Rheumatol 1998; 253: 1772–7., , .
- 18The lubrication of animal joints. New Scientist 1959; 6: 60..
- 28Analysis of the frictional characteristics of CACP knockout mice joints with the modified Stanton pendulum technique [abstract]. Trans Orthop Res Soc 2003; 28: 136., , , , , .
- 29Synthesis and secretion of lubricin/superficial zone protein by chondrocytes in cartilage explants: modulation with TGF-β 1 and IL-1 α [abstract]. Trans Orthop Res Soc 2004; 29: 577., , , , , .