Dr. Finckh has received consultancies or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Abbott. Dr. Dudler has received speaking fees and/or consultancies (less than $10,000 each) from Roche, Wyeth, and Abbott. Dr. Gabay has received fees (less than $10,000) as an advisory board consultant for Essex, Wyeth, Abbott, Roche, and Bristol-Myers Squibb. The SCQM Foundation has received grants from the Swiss Federal Office for Health (Bundesamt für Gesundheit), the Swiss Academy for Medical Sciences, the J. L. Warnery Foundation, the Swiss Society of Polyarthritic Patients, Abbott, Essex, Wyeth, Roche, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Mepha, Novartis, and Sanofi-Aventis.
B cell depletion may be more effective than switching to an alternative anti–tumor necrosis factor agent in rheumatoid arthritis patients with inadequate response to anti–tumor necrosis factor agents
Version of Record online: 27 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 56, Issue 5, pages 1417–1423, May 2007
How to Cite
Finckh, A., Ciurea, A., Brulhart, L., Kyburz, D., Möller, B., Dehler, S., Revaz, S., Dudler, J., Gabay, C. and Physicians of the Swiss Clinical Quality Management Program for Rheumatoid Arthritis (2007), B cell depletion may be more effective than switching to an alternative anti–tumor necrosis factor agent in rheumatoid arthritis patients with inadequate response to anti–tumor necrosis factor agents. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 56: 1417–1423. doi: 10.1002/art.22520
- Issue online: 27 APR 2007
- Version of Record online: 27 APR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 31 OCT 2006
- Geneva University
- CHORD (Centocor Health Outcomes in Rheumatic Diseases) fellowship from the National Database for Rheumatic Diseases
- Swiss Society of Rheumatology (sponsored by Abbott, Switzerland)
- Swiss Clinical Quality Management (SCQM) Foundation
- Swiss National Science Foundation. Grant Number: 320000-107592
- 2National Library of Medicine. URL: www.ClinicalTrials.gov.
- 5Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2793–806., , , , , , et al.
- 10Western Consortium of Practicing Rheumatologists. Equivalence of the acute phase reactants C-reactive protein, plasma viscosity, and Westergren erythrocyte sedimentation rate when used to calculate American College of Rheumatology 20% improvement criteria or the Disease Activity Score in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol 1999; 26: 2324–31., , , , , , et al, for the