Concepts important to patients with psoriatic arthritis are not adequately covered by standard measures of functioning
Article first published online: 29 MAR 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 3, pages 487–494, 15 April 2007
How to Cite
Stamm, T. A., Nell, V., Mathis, M., Coenen, M., Aletaha, D., Cieza, A., Stucki, G., Taylor, W., Smolen, J. S. and Machold, K. P. (2007), Concepts important to patients with psoriatic arthritis are not adequately covered by standard measures of functioning. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 487–494. doi: 10.1002/art.22605
- Issue published online: 29 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 29 MAR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2006
- Manuscript Received: 10 APR 2006
- Group for Research and Assessments of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA)
- 1WHO Technical Report Series No. 9. The burden of musculoskeletal conditions at the start of the new millennium. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2003.
- 4Introduction to research. St. Louis: Mosby; 1998., .
- 7Content comparison of occupation-based instruments in adult rheumatology and musculoskeletal rehabilitation based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 51: 917–24., , , , .
- 11Comparing two qualitative methods: individual interviews with focus groups in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Submitted 2006., , , , , .
- 12Validating the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health comprehensive core set for rheumatoid arthritis from the patient perspective: a qualitative study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 53: 431–9., , , , , , et al.
- 13Interviews: an introduction to qualitative research interviewing. Thousand Oaks (CA): Sage; 1996..
- 15Qualitative research for education. Boston: Allyn and Bacon; 1998., .
- 17Erlebte und erzählte Lebensgeschichte. Frankfurt am Main: Campus Fachbuch; 1995..
- 18Qualitative Gesundheits: und Pflegeforschung. Bern: Hans Huber; 2002., .
- 32WHO. ICF: International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2001.
- 35Psychological qualitative research from a phenomenological perspective. Stockholm: Almquist & Wiskell International; 1995..
- 40Measuring functioning in patients with hand osteoarthritis: content comparison of questionnaires based on the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF). Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006. E-pub ahead of print. URL: http://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/kel133v1., , , , , , et al.
- 45Upper Extremity Collaborative Group. Development of an upper extremity outcome measure: the DASH (disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand) [published erratum appears in Am J Ind Med 1996;30:372]. Am J Ind Med 1996; 29: 602–8., , , and the