The contents of this article reflect the views of Dr. MacLean, and has not been reviewed or endorsed by her employer, WellPoint, Inc.
Development of a decision aid to address racial disparities in utilization of knee replacement surgery†
Article first published online: 30 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 568–575, 15 May 2007
How to Cite
Weng, H. H., Kaplan, R. M., Boscardin, W. J., MacLean, C. H., Lee, I. Y., Chen, W. and Fitzgerald, J. D. (2007), Development of a decision aid to address racial disparities in utilization of knee replacement surgery. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 568–575. doi: 10.1002/art.22670
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 29 JUN 2006
- American College of Rheumatology Clinical Investigator award
- Veterans Administration Health Services Research and Development Career Development award
- Arthritis Foundation
- Arthritis Foundation Arthritis Investigator award
- 16Knee Replacement Patient Outcomes Research Team. Tricompartmental knee replacement: a comparison of orthopaedic surgeons' self reported performance rates with surgical indications, contraindications, and expected outcomes. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1994; 305: 209–17., , , , , , et al, and the
- 19The Brigham and Women's Ambulatory Knee Instrument. 1999..
- 21Toronto Arthroplasty Health Services Research Consortium. Perceptions of, and willingness to consider, total joint arthroplasty in a population-based cohort of individuals with disabling hip and knee arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 51: 635–41., , , , and the
- 24Racial differences in social network experience and perceptions of benefit of arthritis treatments among New York City Medicare beneficiaries with self-reported hip and knee pain. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 47: 366–71., , , , , , et al.
- 30Healthy People 2010. What are its goals? URL: www.healthypeople.gov/About/goals.htm.
- 32Radiographic grading of the severity of knee osteoarthritis: relation of the Kellgren and Lawrence grade to a grade based on joint space narrowing, and correlation with arthroscopic evidence of articular cartilage degeneration. Arthritis Rheum 1991; 34: 1381–6., , , .