A multiethnic, multicenter cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) as a model for the study of ethnic disparities in SLE
Article first published online: 30 APR 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 4, pages 576–584, 15 May 2007
How to Cite
Fernández, M., Alarcón, G. S., Calvo-alén, J., Andrade, R., McGwin, G., Vilá, L. M., Reveille, J. D. and LUMINA Study Group (2007), A multiethnic, multicenter cohort of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) as a model for the study of ethnic disparities in SLE. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 576–584. doi: 10.1002/art.22672
- Issue published online: 30 APR 2007
- Article first published online: 30 APR 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: 28 APR 2006
- NIH (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases). Grant Number: R01-AR42503
- General clinical Research Centers to the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Grant Number: M01-RR02558
- University of Alabama at Birmingham. Grant Number: M01-RR00032
- RCMI Clinical Research Infrastructure Initiative to the University of Puerto Rico. Grant Number: Award 1-P20-RR-11126
- Mary Kirkland Scholar Award Program
- Fellowships from Rheuminations, Inc. (University of Alabama at Birmingham)
- 1National Institute of Health. Addressing health disparities: the NIH program of action. URL: http://healthdisparities.nih.gov/whatare.html.
- 14Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. XIX. Natural history of the accrual of the American College of Rheumatology Criteria prior to the occurrence of criteria diagnosis. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 51: 609–15., , , , , , et al.
- 16HLA-Class II alleles among two distinct U.S. Hispanic populations with systemic lupus erythematosus [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48 Suppl 9: S574–5., , , , .
- 18Systemic lupus erythematosus in a multiethnic cohort: LUMINA XXXV. Predictive factors of high disease activity over time. Ann Rheum Dis 2006; 65: 1168–74. E-pub ahead of print January 30, 2006. URL: http://ard.bmj.com/cgi/rapidpdf/ard.2005.046896v2., , , , , , et al.
- 23LUMINA Study Group. Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. VIII. Predictors of early mortality in the LUMINA cohort [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2001;45:306]. Arthritis Rheum 2001; 45: 191–202., , , , , , et al, for the
- 24Pew Hispanic Center. Hispanics: a people in motion. In: Trends 2005. Washington, DC: Pew Research Center; 2005. URL: http://pewresearch.org/assets/files/trends2005-hispanic.pdf.
- 40Climate Prediction Center Internet Team. UV index: annual time series. Camp Springs (MD): National Weather Service Climate Prediction Center; 2006. URL: http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/stratosphere/uv_index/uv_annual.shtml.
- 41LUMINA Study Group. Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups. V. Acculturation, health-related attitudes and behaviors, and disease activity in Hispanic patients from the LUMINA cohort. Arthritis Care Res 1999; 12: 267–76., , , , , , for the
- 47Morbidity in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Rheumatol Suppl 1987; 14 Suppl 13: 223–6., .
- 57US Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. Current population reports, series P-23, No. 28 and Series P-60, No. 68 and subsequent years. Washington (DC): Housing and Household Economic Statistics Division; 1995.