Drs. Carmona and Gómez-Reino contributed equally to this work.
Risk of tuberculosis in patients treated with tumor necrosis factor antagonists due to incomplete prevention of reactivation of latent infection
Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 5, pages 756–761, 15 June 2007
How to Cite
Gómez-Reino, J. J., Carmona, L. and Ángel Descalzo, M. (2007), Risk of tuberculosis in patients treated with tumor necrosis factor antagonists due to incomplete prevention of reactivation of latent infection. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 756–761. doi: 10.1002/art.22768
- Issue online: 25 MAY 2007
- Version of Record online: 25 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 OCT 2006
- Manuscript Received: 26 JUN 2006
- Spanish Society of Rheumatology
- Spanish Medicines and Medical Devices Agency
- Abbott Immunology
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- 1BIOBADASER Group. Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may predispose to significant increase in tuberculosis risk: a multicenter active-surveillance report. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 2122–7., , , , , for the
- 3BIOBADASER Scientific Committee. BIOBADASER: Spanish registry of adverse events of biological therapies in rheumatic diseases. Rev Esp Reumatol 2002; 29: 292–9. In Spanish.
- 4EuroTB, and the WHO Collaborating Centre for the Surveillance of Tuberculosis in Europe. Surveillance of tuberculosis in Europe: report on tuberculosis cases notified in 2004. Saint-Maurice (France): Institut de Veille Sanitaire; 2006. URL: http://www.eurotb.org/rapports/2004/eurotb_report_2004.pdf.
- 18Division of Tuberculosis Elimination, National Center for HIV, STD, and TB Prevention of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Guidelines for using the QuantiFERON-TB Gold test for detecting Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection, United States [published erratum appears in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005;54:1288]. MMWR Recomm Rep 2005; 54: 49–55., , , , , , and the