Dr. Lorig and Ms Laurent have received royalties from The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program and The Arthritis Helpbook: Living a Healthy Life With Long Term Conditions.
Participation in patient self-management programs
Article first published online: 25 MAY 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 5, pages 851–854, 15 June 2007
How to Cite
Bruce, B., Lorig, K. and Laurent, D. (2007), Participation in patient self-management programs. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 851–854. doi: 10.1002/art.22776
- Issue published online: 25 MAY 2007
- Article first published online: 25 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 30 NOV 2006
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUL 2006
- NIH to the Arthritis, Rheumatism, and Aging Medical Information System. Grant Number: P01-AR-043584
- 1National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion. Chronic disease overview. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2005. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/overview.htm.
- 2Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Unrealized prevention opportunities: reducing the health and economic burden of chronic disease. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2000.
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Monitoring progress in arthritis management: United States and 25 states, 2003. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005; 54: 484–8.
- 8Department of Health and Human Services (US). Healthy People 2010: understanding and improving health. URL: http://www.healthypeople.gov.