Dr. Hyrich is a former Fellow of the Canadian Arthritis Society.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Reduction in the incidence of myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who respond to anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy: Results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register
Article first published online: 30 AUG 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 56, Issue 9, pages 2905–2912, September 2007
How to Cite
Dixon, W. G., Watson, K. D., Lunt, M., Hyrich, K. L., Silman, A. J. and Symmons, D. P. M. (2007), Reduction in the incidence of myocardial infarction in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who respond to anti–tumor necrosis factor α therapy: Results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 56: 2905–2912. doi: 10.1002/art.22809
- Issue published online: 30 AUG 2007
- Article first published online: 30 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 MAY 2007
- Manuscript Received: 9 JAN 2007
- Arthritis Research Campaign, UK
- British Society for Rheumatology to the University of Manchester
- Wyeth Laboratories
- Abbott Laboratories
- 7Baseline levels of C-reactive protein and prediction of death from cardiovascular disease in patients with inflammatory polyarthritis: a ten-year followup study of a primary care–based inception cohort. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 2293–9., , , , , .
- 11Adalimumab, a fully human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in patients taking concomitant methotrexate: the ARMADA trial. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 35–45., , , , , , et al.
- 21British Society for Rheumatology Standards, Guidelines and Audit Working Group (SGAWG). Update on the British Society for Rheumatology guidelines for prescribing TNFα blockers in adults with rheumatoid arthritis (update of previous guidelines of April 2001) [published erratum appears in Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006;45:1170]. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2005; 44: 157–63., , on behalf of the
- 22National Institute for Clinical Excellence. Guidance on the use of etanercept and infliximab for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. 2002. URL: www.nice.org.uk.
- 25International statistical classification of diseases and related health problems, tenth revision. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1992.
- 27Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 31ATTACH Investigators. Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor-α, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure: results of the anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure (ATTACH) trial. Circulation 2003; 107: 3133–40., , , , , for the
- 34Insights into the molecular mechanisms of plaque rupture and thrombosis. Indian Heart J 2005; 57: 21–30..
- 35Contribution of trends in survival and coronary-event rates to changes in coronary heart disease mortality: 10-year results from 37 WHO MONICA project populations. Monitoring trends and determinants in cardiovascular disease. Lancet 1999; 353: 1547–57., , , , , .