Dr. Marra's work was supported by a Government of Canada Research Chair in Pharmaceutical Outcomes, Scholar Awards from the Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research, and the Canadian Arthritis Network.
Improving osteoarthritis detection in the community: Pharmacist identification of new, diagnostically confirmed osteoarthritis†
Article first published online: 28 SEP 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 7, pages 1238–1244, 15 October 2007
How to Cite
Marra, C. A., Cibere, J., Tsuyuki, R. T., Soon, J. A., Esdaile, J. M., Gastonguay, L., Oteng, B., Embley, P., Colley, L., Enenajor, G. and Kok, R. (2007), Improving osteoarthritis detection in the community: Pharmacist identification of new, diagnostically confirmed osteoarthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 1238–1244. doi: 10.1002/art.23019
Presented in part at the 70th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, Washington, DC, November 2006.
- Issue published online: 28 SEP 2007
- Article first published online: 28 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 7 MAR 2007
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research New Emerging Team (Tooling Up for Early Osteoarthritis)
- Merck Frosst Canada
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
- 2Health Canada. Arthritis in Canada: an ongoing challenge. Ottawa: Health Canada; 2003.
- 3Prevalence of doctor-diagnosed arthritis and arthritis-attributable activity limitation: United States, 2003-2005 [published errata appear in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006;55:1129 and MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007;56:55]. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006; 55: 1089–92., , , .
- 16The SF-36 Health Survey as a generic outcome measure in clinical trials of patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis: relative validity of scales in relation to clinical measures of arthritis severity. Med Care 1999; 37 Suppl 5: MS23–39., , , , .
- 21Availability of primary care providers and pharmacists in the United States. J Am Pharm Assoc 1999; 39: 127–35., , , , .
- 24Pre-radiographic knee osteoarthritis is common in people with knee pain: results from a population-based study [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52 Suppl 9: S509., , , , , , et al.