Dr. Wakefield has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000) from Schering-Plough.
Contributions from the Field
Delay in imaging versus clinical response: A rationale for prolonged treatment with anti–tumor necrosis factor medication in early rheumatoid arthritis†
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 57, Issue 8, pages 1564–1567, 15 December 2007
How to Cite
Wakefield, R. J., Freeston, J. E., Hensor, E. M. A., Bryer, D., Quinn, M. A. and Emery, P. (2007), Delay in imaging versus clinical response: A rationale for prolonged treatment with anti–tumor necrosis factor medication in early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 57: 1564–1567. doi: 10.1002/art.23097
Schering-Plough supplied the study drug.
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 APR 2007
- Manuscript Received: 23 OCT 2006
- 1Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3381–90., , , , , , et al.
- 2Very early treatment with infliximab in addition to methotrexate in early, poor-prognosis rheumatoid arthritis reduces magnetic resonance imaging evidence of synovitis and damage, with sustained benefit after infliximab withdrawal: results from a twelve-month randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 27–35., , , , , , et al.
- 4Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug–induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 7Ultrasonography of the metatarsophalangeal joints in rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with magnetic resonance imaging, conventional radiography, and clinical examination. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 2103–12., , , , , .