It is the best of times; it is the worst of times: Is there a way forward? A plethora of treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis, but critical trial design issues
Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
Copyright © 2007 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 56, Issue 12, pages 3884–3886, December 2007
How to Cite
O'Dell, J. R. (2007), It is the best of times; it is the worst of times: Is there a way forward? A plethora of treatment options for rheumatoid arthritis, but critical trial design issues. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 56: 3884–3886. doi: 10.1002/art.23140
- Issue published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Article first published online: 29 NOV 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 30 JUL 2007
- 1TEMPO study investigators. Disease remission and sustained halting of radiographic progression with combination etanercept and methotrexate in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 3928–39., , , , , , et al, for the
- 3The combination of leflunomide (LEF) and methotrexate (MTX) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who are failing on MTX treatment alone: a double-blind placebo (PLC) controlled study [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2000; 43: S224., , , , , , et al.
- 6Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with anakinra, a recombinant human interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, in combination with methotrexate: results of a twenty-four–week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 614–24., , , , , , et al.
- 7Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 10Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate and sulfasalazine, or a combination of the three medications: results of a two-year, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 1164–70., , , , , , et al.
- 11METGO Study Group. A 48-week, randomized, double-blind, double-observer, placebo-controlled multicenter trial of combination methotrexate and intramuscular gold therapy in rheumatoid arthritis: results of The METGO Study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1360–70., , , , , , and The