Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Association of serum nitrate and nitrite levels with longitudinal assessments of disease activity and damage in systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus nephritis
Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 263–272, January 2008
How to Cite
Oates, J. C., Shaftman, S. R., Self, S. E. and Gilkeson, G. S. (2008), Association of serum nitrate and nitrite levels with longitudinal assessments of disease activity and damage in systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus nephritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 263–272. doi: 10.1002/art.23153
- Issue online: 28 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 14 FEB 2007
- Arthritis Foundation
- University Research Committee at the Medical University of South Carolina
- Medical University of South Carolina General Clinical Research Center. Grant Number: NIH grant 5-M01-RR-01070
- NIH. Grant Numbers: K08-AR-002193, AI-047469, AR-045476, AR-04745
- Ralph H. Johnson VAMC (Medical Research Service Career Development award, Reserve Educational Assistance Program, and Merit Review grants)
- 1An overview of the pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus. In: WallaceDJ, HahnBH, editors. Dubois' lupus erythematosus. 6th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2002. p. 87–96..
- 15Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 17Sensitivity of the Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index, British Isles Lupus Assessment Group Index, and Systemic Lupus Activity Measure in the evaluation of clinical change in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 1354–60., , , .
- 18Renal disease: classification and atlas of glomerular diseases. 1st ed. Tokyo: Igaku-Shoin; 1982., .
- 20Food and Drug Administration. Systemic lupus erythematosus concept paper. Transcript of the Arthritis Advisory Committee Meeting; 2003 Sep 29; Bethesda, MD. URL: www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/03/transcripts/3984T1.DOC.
- 21Molecular mechanisms of dexamethasone inhibition of nitric oxide synthase expression in interleukin 1β-stimulated mesangial cells: evidence for the involvement of transcriptional and posttranscriptional regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1996; 93: 255–9., , , .
- 24The role of nitric oxide in the pathogenesis of spontaneous murine autoimmune disease: increased nitric oxide production and nitric oxide synthase expression in MRL-lpr/lpr mice, and reduction of spontaneous glomerulonephritis and arthritis by orally administered NG-monomethyl-L-arginine. J Exp Med 1994; 179: 651–60., , , , , , et al.
- 33Nitric oxide in health and disease. New York: Cambridge University Press; 1997., , .