The National Arthritis Data Workgroup is a consortium of experts in epidemiology organized to provide a single source of national data on the prevalence and impact of rheumatic diseases. It is supported by the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, NIH; the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion and National Center for Health Statistics, CDC; the American College of Rheumatology; and the Arthritis Foundation.
Estimates of the prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United States: Part II†
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 26–35, January 2008
How to Cite
Lawrence, R. C., Felson, D. T., Helmick, C. G., Arnold, L. M., Choi, H., Deyo, R. A., Gabriel, S., Hirsch, R., Hochberg, M. C., Hunder, G. G., Jordan, J. M., Katz, J. N., Kremers, H. M., Wolfe, F. and National Arthritis Data Workgroup (2008), Estimates of the prevalence of arthritis and other rheumatic conditions in the United States: Part II. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 26–35. doi: 10.1002/art.23176
The findings and conclusions in this report are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, or the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 7 JUN 2007
- 10Prevalence of hip pain, radiographic hip osteoarthritis (OA), severe radiographic hip OA, and symptomatic hip OA: the Johnson County Osteoarthritis Project [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48 Suppl 9: S212., , , , , , et al.
- 28Report of sub-committee on criteria for the diagnosis of gout in surveys. In: KellgrenJH, JeffreyMR, BallJF, editors. The epidemiology of chronic rheumatism. Vol. I. Philadelphia: FA Davis; 1963. p. 295–7., , .
- 29BennettPH, WoodPH, editors. Population studies of the rheumatic diseases. Amsterdam: Excerpta Medica; 1968.
- 301996. National Center for Health Statistics. URL: www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/series/sr_10/sr10_200.pdf., , . Current estimates from the National Health Interview Survey,
- 50Summary health statistics for United States adults: National Health Interview Survey 2002. National Center for Health Statistics; 2004. DHHS publication (PHS) 2004-1550., , .
- 51US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy people 2010. 2nd ed. With: Understanding and improving health and objectives for improving health. 2 vols. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 2000.
- 52Survey of pain in the United States: the Nuprin pain report. Clin J Pain 1986; 2: 49–53..
- 58Low back pain/prolapsed lumbar intervertebral disc. Rheum Dis Clin North Am 1990; 163: 699–715., , .
- 60The Nuprin report. New York: Louis Harris & Associates; 1985., .
- 632001. Healthy people statistical notes, no. 20. URL: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/statnt/statnt20.pdf., . Age adjustment using the 2000 projected US population. National Center for Health Statistics; January
- 64Current estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, 1998. Vital Health Stat 10 1989; 173: 1–250., .
- 65Current estimates from the National Health Interview Survey, 1992. Vital Health Stat 10 1994; 189: 1–269., .