Dr. Klareskog has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Wyeth, Schering-Plough, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Abbott, Roche, and Amgen. Dr. Rönnelid has received speaking fees (less than $10,000 each) from Schering-Plough, Wyeth, Pfizer, and Roche.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Basic Science Studies
Antibodies against citrullinated vimentin in rheumatoid arthritis: Higher sensitivity and extended prognostic value concerning future radiographic progression as compared with antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides†
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 1, pages 36–45, January 2008
How to Cite
Mathsson, L., Mullazehi, M., Wick, M. C., Sjöberg, O., van Vollenhoven, R., Klareskog, L. and Rönnelid, J. (2008), Antibodies against citrullinated vimentin in rheumatoid arthritis: Higher sensitivity and extended prognostic value concerning future radiographic progression as compared with antibodies against cyclic citrullinated peptides. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 36–45. doi: 10.1002/art.23188
Orgentec Inc. supplied anti-MCV kits for the study.
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2007
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 SEP 2007
- Manuscript Received: 26 NOV 2006
- Swedish Fund for Research Without Animal Experiments
- Agnes and Mac Rudberg Foundation
- King Gustav V's 80-Year Fund
- Signe and Reinhold Sund's Foundation for Rheumatological Research
- Swedish Rheumatism Association
- 14A new powerful marker for the diagnosis and prognosis of rheumatoid arthritis - anti-CMV (anti-citrullinated vimentin mutated) antibodies [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52 Suppl 9: S118., , , , , , et al.
- 16Longitudinal analysis of anti-citrullinated protein/peptide antibodies (anti-CP) during 5 year follow-up in early rheumatoid arthritis: anti-CP status is a stable phenotype that predicts worse disease activity and greater radiological progression. Ann Rheum Dis 2005; 64: 1744–9., , , , , , et al.
- 17High anti-collagen type II antibody levels and induction of pro-inflammatory cytokines by anti-collagen antibody containing immune complexes in vitro characterize a distinct RA phenotype associated with acute inflammation at the time of disease onset. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66: 537–41., , , .
- 25Antibodies to cyclic citrullinated peptides in psoriatic arthritis. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 511–5., , , , , .