Dr. Burmester has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and honoraria (more than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Schering-Plough, Wyeth, and Roche. Dr. Ferraccioli has received consultancy fees and speaking fees (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Wyeth, and Schering-Plough. Dr. Unnebrink holds stock options in Abbott. Dr. Kary is a contractor for Abbott (Germany). Dr. Kupper holds stock options in Abbott.
Clinical remission and/or minimal disease activity in patients receiving adalimumab treatment in a multinational, open-label, twelve-week study†
Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2007
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 1, pages 32–41, January 2008
How to Cite
Burmester, G. R., Ferraccioli, G., Flipo, R.-M., Monteagudo-Sáez, I., Unnebrink, K., Kary, S. and Kupper, H. (2008), Clinical remission and/or minimal disease activity in patients receiving adalimumab treatment in a multinational, open-label, twelve-week study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 32–41. doi: 10.1002/art.23247
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00448383.
- Issue online: 28 DEC 2007
- Version of Record online: 28 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 JUN 2007
- Manuscript Received: 19 MAR 2007
- Abbott GmbH & Co. KG, Ludwigshafen, Germany
- 4Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group. Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 3432–43., , , , , , et al, and the
- 7Classification and Response Criteria Subcommittee of the American College of Rheumatology Committee on Quality Measures. Development of classification and response criteria for rheumatic diseases. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 55: 348–52.
- 10Subcommittee for Criteria of Remission in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the American Rheumatism Association Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee. Preliminary criteria for clinical remission in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1981; 24: 1308–15., , , and the
- 12Complexities in defining remission in rheumatic diseases. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24(6 Suppl 43 ): S1–6., , , .
- 13Remission of rheumatoid arthritis: should we care about definitions? Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24 Suppl 43: S45–51., .
- 14DAS remission cut points. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24(6 Suppl 43 ): S29–32., .
- 15Definitions of remission for rheumatoid arthritis and review of selected clinical cohorts and randomised clinical trials for the rate of remission. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24(6 Suppl 43 ): S22–8., , .
- 23New and established criteria for remission and disease activity in an observational RA cohort treated with etanercept [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl 9: S203–4., , , , .
- 24The new indexes Sdai and Cdai in early arthritis: similar performance to Das 28 index [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl 9: S206–7., , , .
- 25A clinical score that does not require an acute phase response measure, the Clinical Disease Activity Index (CDAI), is of similar value as DAS and DAS28 as an indicator of low disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl 9: S199., , , , , , et al.
- 30Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism Criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 32British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Comparison of the response to infliximab or etanercept monotherapy with the response to cotherapy with methotrexate or another disease-modifying antirheumatic drug in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1786–94., , , , on behalf of the
- 33British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Predictors of response to anti-TNF-alpha therapy among patients with rheumatoid arthritis: results from the British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Register. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006; 45: 1558–65., , , , and the
- 36Validation of minimal disease activity for rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with the biologic therapy abatacept [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl 9: S384–5., , , .
- 37Adalimumab, a fully human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in patients taking concomitant methotrexate: the ARMADA Trial [published erratum appears in Arthritis Rheum 2003;48:855]. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 35–45., , , , , , et al.
- 38Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 41TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) Study Investigators. Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 675–81., , , , , , et al, and the