Drs. Listing and Strangfeld contributed equally to this work.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Does tumor necrosis factor α inhibition promote or prevent heart failure in patients with rheumatoid arthritis?
Version of Record online: 29 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 3, pages 667–677, March 2008
How to Cite
Listing, J., Strangfeld, A., Kekow, J., Schneider, M., Kapelle, A., Wassenberg, S. and Zink, A. (2008), Does tumor necrosis factor α inhibition promote or prevent heart failure in patients with rheumatoid arthritis?. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 667–677. doi: 10.1002/art.23281
- Issue online: 29 FEB 2008
- Version of Record online: 29 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Received: 23 MAR 2007
- The German biologics register RABBIT has been supported by unconditional, joint grants from Essex and Wyeth since 2001
- Essex, Wyeth, and Amgen since January 2003
- Essex, Wyeth, Amgen, and Abbott since September 2003
- 12Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis With Concomitant Therapy Study Group. Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1051–65., , , , , , et al, for the
- 14TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) Study Investigators. Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 675–81., , , , , , et al,
- 18Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, pilot trial of infliximab, a chimeric monoclonal antibody to tumor necrosis factor-α, in patients with moderate-to-severe heart failure: results of the anti-TNF Therapy Against Congestive Heart Failure (ATTACH) trial. Circulation 2003; 107: 3133–40., , , , .
- 21Effectiveness of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in rheumatoid arthritis in an observational cohort study: comparison of patients according to their eligibility for major randomized clinical trials. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3399–407., , , , , , et al.
- 25International Conference on Harmonisation. Clinical safety data management: definitions and standards for expedited reporting. URL: www.emea.europa.eu/pdfs/human/ich/037795en.pdf.
- 29The Criteria Committee of the New York Heart Association. Nomenclature and criteria for diagnosis of diseases of the heart and great vessels. 9th ed. Boston: Little, Brown & Co.; 1994.
- 49Cardiovascular outcomes with etoricoxib and diclofenac in patients with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis in the Multinational Etoricoxib and Diclofenac Arthritis Long-term (MEDAL) programme: a randomised comparison. Lancet 2006; 368: 1771–81., , , , , , et al.