Members of the PARA Study Group are listed in Appendix A.
Coaching patients with early rheumatoid arthritis to healthy physical activity: A multicenter, randomized, controlled study†
Article first published online: 29 FEB 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 3, pages 325–331, 15 March 2008
How to Cite
Brodin, N., Eurenius, E., Jensen, I., Nisell, R., Opava, C. H. and Para Study Group (2008), Coaching patients with early rheumatoid arthritis to healthy physical activity: A multicenter, randomized, controlled study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 325–331. doi: 10.1002/art.23327
- Issue published online: 29 FEB 2008
- Article first published online: 29 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 AUG 2007
- Manuscript Received: 13 MAR 2007
- Swedish Research Council
- Vårdal Foundation
- Swedish Rheumatism Association
- Västerbotten County Council Research Fund
- Stockholm County Council (EXPO)
- Signe and Reinhold Sund Foundation
- Dalarna Research Council
- Rune and Ulla Almlöv Foundation
- Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Dagmar 1999)
- Health Care Science Postgraduate School at Karolinska Institutet
- 10CARE: International conference on multidisciplinary care in rheumatoid arthritis. Int J Adv Rheumatol 2003; 1: 34–6..
- 11Strategies used to increase lifestyle physical activity in a pedometer-based intervention. J Allied Health 2004; 33: 278–81..
- 13Health behavior and health education. 3rd ed. San Francisco: John Wiley & Sons; 2002., , .
- 16Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence of leisure-time physical activity among persons with arthritis and other rheumatic conditions: United States, 1990–1991. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 1997; 46: 389–93.
- 19Assessing disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis: the EULAR handbook of standard methods. Vienna: EULAR; 1993., , , .
- 23Behavioral methods for chronic pain and illness. St. Louis: CV Mosby Company; 1976..
- 24Towards a comprehensive, transtheoretical model of change: states of change and addictive behaviors. In: MillerWR, HeatherN, editors. Treating addictive behaviors. New York: Plenum; 1998. p. 3–24., .
- 25The psychological management of chronic pain: a treatment manual. In: FranksCM, editor. Springer series on behavior therapy and behavioral medicine. New York: Springer; 1988. p. 226..
- 26Pain and behavioral medicine: a cognitive-behavioral perspective. New York: Guilford; 1987., , .
- 27EuroQol Group. EQ-5D. URL: www.euroqol.org.
- 30Guidelines for analysing and reporting EQ-5D outcomes. In: BrooksR, RabinR, de CharroF, editors. The measurement and valuation of health status using EQ-5D: a European perspective (evidence from the EuroQol BIOMED research programme). Dordrecht (The Netherlands): Kluwer Academic Publishers; 2003., .
- 40A successful intervention program for patients with subacute low back pain. Gothenburg (Sweden): Göteborg University; 1994..