Dr. Saag received consultancy fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Novartis (less than $10,000) and from Merck (more than $10,000).
Association of health-related quality of life with dual use of prescription and over-the-counter nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs
Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 2, pages 227–233, 15 February 2008
How to Cite
Kovac, S. H., Saag, K. G., Curtis, J. R. and Allison, J. (2008), Association of health-related quality of life with dual use of prescription and over-the-counter nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 227–233. doi: 10.1002/art.23336
- Issue online: 31 JAN 2008
- Version of Record online: 31 JAN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUL 2007
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2007
- Quality Care Research Fund provided by Pharmacia Corporation (now part of Pfizer Inc.)
- Cooperative agreement from the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Center for Education and Research on Therapeutics. Grant Number: U18-HS-10389
- Multipurpose Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Diseases Center. Grant Number: P60-AR-48095
- Department of Veterans Health Administration Health Services Research
- Development Research Career Development award
- 1CDC. Prevalence of self-reported arthritis or chronic joint symptoms among adults: United States, 2001. MMWR 2002; 51: 948–50.
- 2CDC. Prevalence and impact of arthritis by race and ethnicity: United States, 1989–1991. MMWR 1996; 45: 373–8.
- 6CDC. Prevalence of disabilities and associated health conditions among adults: United States, 1999. MMWR 2001; 50: 120–5.
- 14CDC. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: operational and user's guide, version 3.0 URL: http://www.cdc.gov/brfss/pdf/userguide.pdf.
- 15SF-12: how to score the SF-12 physical and mental health summary scales. Lincoln (RI): QualityMetric Incorporated and Health Assessment Lab; 2002., .
- 16The common structure of statistical models of truncation, sample selection, and limited dependent variables and a simple estimator for such models. Ann Econ Soc Meas 1976; 5: 457–92..
- 26The Joint Commission. 2007 national patient safety goals ambulatory health care version manual chapter, including implementation expectations. 2007. URL: http://www.jointcommission.org/NR/rdonlyres/44D4E740-7385-4666-B9E4-9EA7F769FB43/0/07_ahc_npsgs.pdf.