Dr. Saunders has received speaking fees (less than $10,000 each) from Wyeth, Merck, Sharp, & Dohme. Dr. Porter has received consulting and speaking fees (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Roche, and Bristol-Myers Squibb, and consulting fees (less than $10,000) from Wyeth.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Triple therapy in early active rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized, single-blind, controlled trial comparing step-up and parallel treatment strategies†
Version of Record online: 25 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 1310–1317, May 2008
How to Cite
Saunders, S. A., Capell, H. A., Stirling, A., Vallance, R., Kincaid, W., McMahon, A. D. and Porter, D. R. (2008), Triple therapy in early active rheumatoid arthritis: A randomized, single-blind, controlled trial comparing step-up and parallel treatment strategies. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 1310–1317. doi: 10.1002/art.23449
EudraCT database no. 2004-002006-30.
- Issue online: 25 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 APR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUL 2007
- Chief Scientist Office of the Scottish Executive
- 2Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with methotrexate and hydroxychloroquine, methotrexate and sulfasalazine, or a combination of the three medications: results of a two-year, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 1164–70., , , , , , et al.
- 13Active-Controlled Study of Patients Receiving Infliximab for the Treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis of Early Onset Study Group. Combination of infliximab and methotrexate therapy for early rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 3432–43., , , , , , et al, for the
- 14PREMIER Investigators. The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al, for the
- 15FIN-RACo Trial Group. Retardation of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis by initial aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo study group. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 2072–81., , , , , , et al, for the
- 16FIN-RACo Trial Group. Early suppression of disease activity is essential for maintenance of work capacity in patients with recent-onset rheumatoid arthritis: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 36–41., , , , , , et al, for the
- 19Disconnect between inflammation and joint destruction after treatment with etanercept plus methotrexate: results from the trial of etanercept and methotrexate with radiographic and patient outcomes. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3119–25., , , , .