Dr. van der Heijde has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Amgen, Centocor, Wyeth, Chugai, UCB, Roche, and Schering-Plough. Dr. Landewé has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Abbott, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centocor, Wyeth, UCB, and Schering-Plough. Dr. Ory has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (more than $10,000 each) from Amgen, Abbott, and Targeted Genetics. Drs. Ni, Lin, and Tsuji own stock or stock options in Amgen. Dr. Davis has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott and Wyeth.
Version of Record online: 25 APR 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 5, pages 1324–1331, May 2008
How to Cite
van der Heijde, D., Landewé, R., Einstein, S., Ory, P., Vosse, D., Ni, L., Lin, S.-L., Tsuji, W. and Davis, J. C. (2008), Radiographic progression of ankylosing spondylitis after up to two years of treatment with etanercept. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 1324–1331. doi: 10.1002/art.23471
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00356356.
The Rheumatology Department of the Academic Hospital Maastricht received compensation from Amgen for the use of the OASIS data set.
- Issue online: 25 APR 2008
- Version of Record online: 25 APR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 14 AUG 2007
- Immunex Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Amgen Inc.
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
- 3Immunohistological examination of open sacroiliac biopsies of patients with ankylosing spondylitis: detection of tumor necrosis factor α in two patients with early disease and transforming growth factor β in three more advanced cases. Ann Rheum Dis 2006; 65: 713–20., , , .
- 8ASSERT Study Group. Major reduction in spinal inflammation in patients with ankylosing spondylitis after treatment with infliximab: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled magnetic resonance imaging study. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1646–52., , , , , , et al, for the
- 10Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 13TEMPO Study Investigators. Comparison of etanercept and methotrexate, alone and combined, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: two-year clinical and radiographic results from the TEMPO study, a double-blind, randomized trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1063–74., , , , , , et al, for the
- 19Radiographic results from a long-term multicenter trial of etanercept (Enbrel®) in patients with ankylosing spondylitis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2005: 52 Suppl 9: S634., , , .
- 37Radiographic progression in patients with ankylosing spondylitis after 2 years of treatment not inhibited with infliximab [abstract]. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66 Suppl II: 85–6., , , , , , et al.