Dr. Keystone has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott Laboratories, Amgen, Hoffman- LaRoche, Schering-Plough, and UCB (>$10,000 each) and from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centocor, Genentech, GlaxoSmithKline Beecham, and Wyeth (<$10,000 each).
Improvement in patient-reported outcomes in a rituximab trial in patients with severe rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy
Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 6, pages 785–793, 15 June 2008
How to Cite
Keystone, E., Burmester, G. R., Furie, R., Loveless, J. E., Emery, P., Kremer, J., Tak, P. P., Broder, M. S., Yu, E., Cravets, M., Magrini, F. and Jost, F. (2008), Improvement in patient-reported outcomes in a rituximab trial in patients with severe rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 785–793. doi: 10.1002/art.23715
- Issue online: 30 MAY 2008
- Version of Record online: 30 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 DEC 2007
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAY 2007
- ClinicalTrials.gov identifier. Grant Number: NCT00468546
- 1Epidemiology of rheumatic diseases. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2002; 39 Suppl 2: 3–12..
- 18Rituxan [package insert]. San Francisco: Genentech; 2006.
- 22All about cells: immunology, immunopathology, and immunity. Washington (DC): ASM Press; 2001., .
- 23REFLEX Trial Group. Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2793–806., , , , , , et al, for the
- 26Incorporating the patient perspective into outcome assessment in rheumatoid arthritis: progress at OMERACT 7. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 2250–6., , , , , , et al.
- 27Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 32FACIT: Functional Assessment of Chronic Illness Therapy. 2006. URL: http://www.facit.org.
- 36SF-36.org: a community for measuring health outcomes using SF tools. 2006. URL: http://www.sf-36.org/.
- 41SF-36 physical & mental health summary scales: a manual for users of version I. Lincoln (RI): QualityMetric Health Outcomes Solutions; 2005.
- 45Improved health-related quality of life for rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with abatacept who have inadequate response to anti-TNF therapy in a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicentre randomized clinical trial. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2006; 45: 1238–46., , , , , , et al.
- 47Adalimumab, a fully human anti tumor necrosis factor-alpha monoclonal antibody, and concomitant standard antirheumatic therapy for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: results of STAR (Safety Trial of Adalimumab in Rheumatoid Arthritis). J Rheumatol 2003; 30: 2563–71., , , , , , et al.
- 48Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis with Concomitant Therapy Study Group. Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1051–65., , , , , , et al, for the
- 50Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.