Dr. Bathon has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Amgen, and Centocor (less than $10,000 each) and research support from Amgen, Biogen Idec, and Bristol-Myers Squibb.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Association of body fat with C-reactive protein in rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 29 AUG 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 9, pages 2632–2641, September 2008
How to Cite
Giles, J. T., Bartlett, S. J., Andersen, R., Thompson, R., Fontaine, K. R. and Bathon, J. M. (2008), Association of body fat with C-reactive protein in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 2632–2641. doi: 10.1002/art.23766
- Issue published online: 29 AUG 2008
- Article first published online: 29 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 4 SEP 2007
- NIH grants (National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Numbers: AR-050026-01, 1K23-AR-054112-01
- Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center General Clinical Research Center
- Clinical Investigator Fellowship award from the Research and Education Foundation of the American College of Rheumatology
- 7Relation of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein, interleukin-6, tumor necrosis factor-α, and fibrinogen to abdominal adipose tissue, blood pressure, and cholesterol and triglyceride levels in healthy postmenopausal women. Am J Cardiol 2005; 96: 92–7., , , , , .
- 13US Department of Health and Human Services. Physical activity and health: a report of the Surgeon General. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services; 1996.