Dr. Tom-Orme has received consultant fees (less than $10,000) from the National Coalition of Ethnic Minority Nurses Association.
Arthritis prevalence and associations in American Indian and Alaska native people†
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 8, pages 1128–1136, 15 August 2008
How to Cite
Ferucci, E. D., Schumacher, M. C., Lanier, A. P., Murtaugh, M. A., Edwards, S., Helzer, L. J., Tom-Orme, L. and Slattery, M. L. (2008), Arthritis prevalence and associations in American Indian and Alaska native people. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 1128–1136. doi: 10.1002/art.23914
The contents of this manuscript are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official view of the National Cancer Institute.
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 30 OCT 2007
- National Cancer Institute. Grant Numbers: CA88958, CA96095
- 1Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Prevalence of doctor-diagnosed arthritis and arthritis-attributable activity limitation: United States, 2003–2005 [published errata appear in MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006;55:1129 and MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2007;56:55]. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2006; 55: 1089–92.
- 4Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Behavioral risk factor surveillance system survey data. Atlanta: US Department of Health and Human Services, CDC; 2005.
- 10Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Racial/ethnic differences in the prevalence and impact of doctor-diagnosed arthritis: United States, 2002. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2005; 54: 119–23.
- 11Race/ethnic disparities in arthritis prevalence and impact, United States, 2002–03 [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl 9: S825., , .
- 16Arthritis among American Indian and Alaska Native elders: prevalence, demographic patterns, and comorbidities. J Native Aging Health 2007; 2: 5–13., , , , , .
- 18Statistics Canada. Aboriginal Peoples Survey 2001: initial findings. Well-being of the nonreserve Aboriginal population. 2003. URL: http://www.statcan.ca/english/freepub/89-589-XIE/index.htm.