The views expressed in this paper are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, UK.
Changes in the characteristics of patients prescribed selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors after the 2004 withdrawal of rofecoxib†
Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 8, pages 1105–1111, 15 August 2008
How to Cite
Setakis, E., Leufkens, H. G. M. and van Staa, T. P. (2008), Changes in the characteristics of patients prescribed selective cyclooxygenase 2 inhibitors after the 2004 withdrawal of rofecoxib. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 1105–1111. doi: 10.1002/art.23925
- Issue online: 30 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 30 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUL 2007
- Division of Vigilance and Risk Management of Medicines of the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency, UK
- General Practice Research Database is funded by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Medical Research Council, various universities, contract research organizations, and pharmaceutical companies
- 3European Medicines Agency. URL: http://www.emea. europa.eu/htms/human/press/cox2QA.htm.
- 6Channelling of COX-2 inhibitors to patients at higher gastrointestinal risk but not at lower cardiovascular risk: the Cox2 inhibitors and tNSAIDs description of users (CADEUS) study. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2007; 16: 891–900., , , , , , et al.
- 13Use of cyclo-oxygenase 2 inhibitors (COX-2) and prescription nonsteroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) in UK and USA populations: implications for COX-2 cardiovascular profile. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 2006; 15: 861–72., , , , , , et al.