Dr. Brown has received speaking fees and honoraria from Schering-Plough and Abbott Laboratories (less than $10,000 each).
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
An explanation for the apparent dissociation between clinical remission and continued structural deterioration in rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 10, pages 2958–2967, October 2008
How to Cite
Brown, A. K., Conaghan, P. G., Karim, Z., Quinn, M. A., Ikeda, K., Peterfy, C. G., Hensor, E., Wakefield, R. J., O'Connor, P. J. and Emery, P. (2008), An explanation for the apparent dissociation between clinical remission and continued structural deterioration in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 2958–2967. doi: 10.1002/art.23945
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Received: 24 SEP 2007
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- 4FIN-RACo Trial Group. Retardation of joint damage in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis by initial aggressive treatment with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo study. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 2072–81., , , , , , et al, for the
- 8Subcommittee for Criteria of Remission in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the American Rheumatism Association Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee. Preliminary criteria for clinical remission in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1981; 24: 1308–15., , , and the
- 12Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug– induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 27Magnetic resonance imaging–determined synovial membrane volume as a marker of disease activity and a predictor of progressive joint destruction in the wrists of patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 918–29., , , , , , et al.
- 28Elucidation of the relationship between synovitis and bone damage: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study of individual joints in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 64–71., , , , , , et al.
- 30Bone edema scored on magnetic resonance imaging scans of the dominant carpus at presentation predicts radiographic joint damage of the hands and feet six years later in patients with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 1814–27., , , , , , et al.
- 36Magnetic resonance imaging of wrist and finger joints in healthy subjects occasionally shows changes resembling erosions and synovitis as seen in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1097–106., , , , , , et al.