Dr. Keystone has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Abbott, Amgen, Wyeth, Centocor, UCB, Roche, Genentech, Schering-Plough, and Bristol-Myers Squibb (less than $10,000 each).
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Article first published online: 30 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 11, pages 3319–3329, November 2008
How to Cite
Keystone, E., Heijde, D. V. D., Mason, D., Landewé, R., Vollenhoven, R. V., Combe, B., Emery, P., Strand, V., Mease, P., Desai, C. and Pavelka, K. (2008), Certolizumab pegol plus methotrexate is significantly more effective than placebo plus methotrexate in active rheumatoid arthritis: Findings of a fifty-two–week, phase III, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 3319–3329. doi: 10.1002/art.23964
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00152386.
Address reprint requests to Lucian Ionescu, UCB, Allée de la Recherche 60, B-1070 Brussels, Belgium. E-mail: Lucian.Ionescu@UCB-Group.com
- Issue published online: 30 OCT 2008
- Article first published online: 30 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Received: 13 FEB 2008
- UCB Inc
- 2Adalimumab, a fully human anti–tumor necrosis factor α monoclonal antibody, for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis in patients taking concomitant methotrexate: the ARMADA trial. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 35–45., , , , , , et al.
- 3Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis With Concomitant Therapy Study Group. Sustained improvement over two years in physical function, structural damage, and signs and symptoms among patients with rheumatoid arthritis treated with infliximab and methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1051–65., , , , , , et al, for the
- 5Radiographic, clinical, and functional outcomes of treatment with adalimumab (a human anti–tumor necrosis factor monoclonal antibody) in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis receiving concomitant methotrexate therapy: a randomized, placebo-controlled, 52-week trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 1400–11., , , , , , et al.
- 7British Society for Rheumatology Biologics Registry. Outcomes after switching from one anti–tumor necrosis factor α agent to a second anti–tumor necrosis factor α agent in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: results from a large UK national cohort study. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 13–20., , , , , for the
- 9Effect of structure of conventional anti-TNFs and certolizumab pegol on mode of action in rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66 Suppl 2: 296., , , , , .
- 19World Health Organization. WHO country data: estimated burden of TB. URL: http://www.hpa.org.uk/infections/topics_az/tb/epidemiology/who_table1.htm.