Because Drs. Katz and Yelin are Editors of Arthritis Care & Research, review of this article was handled by the Editor of Arthritis & Rheumatism.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Health care costs and costs associated with changes in work productivity among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus
Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 59, Issue 12, pages 1788–1795, 15 December 2008
How to Cite
Panopalis, P., Yazdany, J., Gillis, J. Z., Julian, L., Trupin, L., Hersh, A. O., Criswell, L. A., Katz, P. and Yelin, E. (2008), Health care costs and costs associated with changes in work productivity among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 59: 1788–1795. doi: 10.1002/art.24063
- Issue online: 26 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 26 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUL 2008
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAR 2008
- General Clinical Research Center, Moffitt Hospital, University of California, San Francisco, with funds provided by the National Center for Research Resources. Grant Number: 5-M01-RR-00079
- US Public Health Service
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research Fellowship
- Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis
- NIH. Grant Numbers: K24-AR0-2175, R01-AR-44804
- State of California Lupus Fund
- Arthritis Foundation
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: 1-R01-HS0-13893
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: P60-AR0-53308
- 18Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 19US Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics. How the government measures unemployment. 2001. URL: http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_htgm.htm.
- 23Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project. 2007. URL: http://www.hcup-us.ahrq.gov/home.jsp.
- 25Red Book: pharmacy's fundamental reference. Montvale (NJ): Thomson; 2005..
- 26US Renal Disease Data System. Costs of CKD and ESRD. 2005. URL: http://www.usrds.org/2007/pdf/11_econ_07.pdf?zoom_highlight=Costs+of+CKD+and+ESRD.
- 27US Bureau of Labor Statistics. National Compensation Survey: occupational wages in the United States, July 2004. 2005. URL: http://www.bls.gov/ncs/home.htm.
- 30US Census Bureau. Table 125: health services and supplies. Per capita expenditures by object: 1990 to 2005. 2008. URL: http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/tables/08s0125.pdf.