Drs. Morrish and Beaupre contributed equally to this work.
Facilitated bone mineral density testing versus hospital-based case management to improve osteoporosis treatment for hip fracture patients: Additional results from a randomized trial†
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 209–215, 15 February 2009
How to Cite
Morrish, D. W., Beaupre, L. A., Bell, N. R., Cinats, J. G., Hanley, D. A., Harley, C. H., Juby, A. G., Lier, D. A., Maksymowych, W. P. and Majumdar, S. R. (2009), Facilitated bone mineral density testing versus hospital-based case management to improve osteoporosis treatment for hip fracture patients: Additional results from a randomized trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 209–215. doi: 10.1002/art.24097
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00175175.
- Issue published online: 29 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 SEP 2008
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUN 2008
- Alberta Heritage Foundation for Medical Research
- Royal Alexandra Hospital Foundation
- 16National Osteoporosis Foundation. 2003 physicians' guide to prevention and treatment of osteoporosis. 2003. URL: http://www.nof.org/physguide/index.asp.
- 25Osteoporosis case-manager for hip fracture patients: results of a cost-effectiveness analysis conducted alongside a randomized trial. Arch Intern Med. In press., , , , , , et al.
- 27Risedronate for the primary and secondary prevention of osteoporotic fractures in postmenopausal women [review]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2008; 1:CD004523., , , , , , et al.
- 30Cochrane Effective Practice and Organization of Care Group. URL: http://www.epoc.cochrane.org/en/index.html.