Interleukin-6 blockade suppresses autoimmune arthritis in mice by the inhibition of inflammatory Th17 responses
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2008
Copyright © 2008 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 58, Issue 12, pages 3710–3719, December 2008
How to Cite
Fujimoto, M., Serada, S., Mihara, M., Uchiyama, Y., Yoshida, H., Koike, N., Ohsugi, Y., Nishikawa, T., Ripley, B., Kimura, A., Kishimoto, T. and Naka, T. (2008), Interleukin-6 blockade suppresses autoimmune arthritis in mice by the inhibition of inflammatory Th17 responses. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 58: 3710–3719. doi: 10.1002/art.24126
- Issue published online: 26 NOV 2008
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 AUG 2008
- Manuscript Received: 20 MAY 2008
- Program for Promotion of Fundamental Studies in Health Sciences
- National Institute of Biomedical Innovation
- Grants-in-Aid for Fellows of the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
- Chugai-Roche Pharmaceutical Company Ltd.
- 5Treatment with a neutralizing anti-murine interleukin-17 antibody after the onset of collagen-induced arthritis reduces joint inflammation, cartilage destruction, and bone erosion. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 650–9., , , , , , et al.
- 25Attenuation of murine collagen-induced arthritis by a novel, potent, selective small molecule inhibitor of IκB kinase 2, TPCA-1 (2-[(aminocarbonyl)amino]-5-(4-fluorophenyl)-3-thiophenecarboxamide), occurs via reduction of proinflammatory cytokines and antigen-induced T cell proliferation. J Pharmacol Exp Ther 2005; 312: 373–81., , , , , , et al.
- 27CHARISMA Study Group. Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2817–29., , , , , , et al, for the