Because Drs. Katz and Yelin are Editors of Arthritis Care & Research, review of this article was handled by the Editor of Arthritis & Rheumatism.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Work loss and work entry among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus: Comparisons with a national matched sample†
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 247–258, 15 February 2009
How to Cite
Yelin, E., Tonner, C., Trupin, L., Panopalis, P., Yazdany, J., Julian, L., Katz, P. and Criswell, L. A. (2009), Work loss and work entry among persons with systemic lupus erythematosus: Comparisons with a national matched sample. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 247–258. doi: 10.1002/art.24213
- Issue published online: 29 JAN 2009
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 17 APR 2008
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: P60-AR-053308
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality/National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: R01-HS-013893
- Arthritis Foundation
- Rosalind Russell Medical Research Center for Arthritis, University of California, San Francisco
- State of California Lupus Fund
- University of California, San Francisco General Clinical Research Center. Grant Numbers: R01-AR-44804, M01-RR-00079
- 6Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 8Demographic Survey Division. Survey of Income and Program Participation. Washington, DC: US Bureau of the Census; 2002.
- 13Measuring functioning and well-being: the Medical Outcomes Study approach. Durham (NC): Duke University; 1992., .
- 17Survey Research Center. The Health and Retirement Study: a longitudinal study of health, retirement, and aging. Ann Arbor (MI): Institute for Social Research, Univ. Michigan; 2002.
- 18Job characteristics, occupation, and coronary heart disease: final report to National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health. New York: Columbia Univ.; 1982., , .
- 19Disability and the characteristics of employment. Mon Labor Rev 2003; 126: 20–31., .
- 21Regression models and life tables (with discussion). J Royal Stat Soc 1972; 34: 187–220..
- 26Career jobs, bridge employment, and retirement. In: DoeringerP, editor. Bridges to retirement: older workers in a changing labor market. Ithaca: ILR; 1990..
- 28Arthritis and employment research: where are we? Where do we need to go? J Rheumatol Suppl 2005; 72: 42–5..