Dr. Kvien has received consultant fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria (less than $10,000 each) from Roche, Merck Sharp & Dohme, Abbott, Wyeth, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Pfizer.
Perception of improvement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis varies with disease activity levels at baseline
Article first published online: 26 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 3, pages 313–320, 15 March 2009
How to Cite
Aletaha, D., Funovits, J., Ward, M. M., Smolen, J. S. and Kvien, T. K. (2009), Perception of improvement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis varies with disease activity levels at baseline. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 313–320. doi: 10.1002/art.24282
- Issue published online: 26 FEB 2009
- Article first published online: 26 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Received: 21 APR 2008
- 5Cooperative Systematic Studies of Rheumatic Diseases Group. Analysis of improvement in individual rheumatoid arthritis patients treated with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs, based on the findings in patients treated with placebo. Arthritis Rheum 1990; 33: 477–84., , , , and the
- 13Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3381–90., , , , , , et al.
- 15EULAR Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutic Trials. Assessing disease activity in rheumatoid arthritis: the EULAR handbook of standard methods. Zurich: EULAR; 1993., , , , and the
- 16American College of Rheumatology Committee to Reevaluate Improvement Criteria. A proposed revision to the ACR20: the hybrid measure of American College of Rheumatology response. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57: 193–202.
- 18Incorporating the patient perspective into outcome assessment in rheumatoid arthritis: progress at OMERACT 7. J Rheumatol 2005; 32: 2250–6., , , , , , et al.
- 26Toward a multidimensional Health Assessment Questionnaire (MDHAQ): assessment of advanced activities of daily living and psychological status in the patient-friendly health assessment questionnaire format. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 2220–30., , .