Ms van Tuyl and Dr. Vlad contributed equally to this work.
Contributions from the Field
Defining remission in rheumatoid arthritis: Results of an initial american college of rheumatology/european league against rheumatism consensus conference†
Version of Record online: 29 APR 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 5, pages 704–710, 15 May 2009
How to Cite
van Tuyl, L. H. D., Vlad, S. C., Felson, D. T., Wells, G. and Boers, M. (2009), Defining remission in rheumatoid arthritis: Results of an initial american college of rheumatology/european league against rheumatism consensus conference. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 704–710. doi: 10.1002/art.24392
See Appendix A for additional members of the American College of Rheumatology/European League Against Rheumatism Working Group.
- Issue online: 29 APR 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 APR 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Received: 18 SEP 2008
- American College of Rheumatology and the European League Against Rheumatism
- NIH. Grant Number: AR-47785
- 1Subcommittee for Criteria of Remission in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the American Rheumatism Association Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee. Preliminary criteria for clinical remission in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1981; 24: 1308–15., , , and the
- 2World Health Organization and International League of Associations for Rheumatology core endpoints for symptom modifying antirheumatic drugs in rheumatoid arthritis clinical trials. J Rheumatol Suppl 1994; 41: 86–9., , , , , , et al.
- 5The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al.
- 10Definitions of remission for rheumatoid arthritis and review of selected clinical cohorts and randomised clinical trials for the rate of remission. Clin Exp Rheumatol 2006; 24(6 Suppl 43 ): S22–8., , .
- 28MCID/low disease activity state workshop: low disease activity state in rheumatoid arthritis. J Rheumatol 2003; 30: 1110–1., , , , , , et al.
- 29MCID/low disease activity state workshop: summary, recommendations, and research agenda. J Rheumatol 2003; 30: 1115–8., , , , , , et al.
- 30Western Consortium of Practicing Rheumatologists. Evaluation of the preliminary definitions of minimal disease activity and remission in an early seropositive rheumatoid arthritis cohort. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57: 440–7., , , , , , et al, for the
- 31Comparison of etanercept and methotrexate, alone and combined, in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis: two-year clinical and radiographic results from the TEMPO study, a double-blind, randomized trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1063–74., , , , , , et al.