Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Protective effect of hydroxychloroquine on renal damage in patients with lupus nephritis: LXV, data from a multiethnic US cohort
Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 6, pages 830–839, 15 June 2009
How to Cite
Pons-Estel, G. J., Alarcón, G. S., McGwin, G., Danila, M. I., Zhang, J., Bastian, H. M., Reveille, J. D. and Vilá, L. M. (2009), Protective effect of hydroxychloroquine on renal damage in patients with lupus nephritis: LXV, data from a multiethnic US cohort. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 830–839. doi: 10.1002/art.24538
- Issue online: 28 MAY 2009
- Version of Record online: 28 MAY 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2009
- Manuscript Received: 6 NOV 2008
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases. Grant Number: P01-AR49084
- General Clinical Research Centers grant to the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Grant Number: M01-RR02558
- University of Alabama at Birmingham. Grant Number: M01-RR00032
- Award from the National Center for Research Resources (NCRR/NIH) RCMI Clinical Research Infrastructure Initiative to the University of Puerto Rico Medical Sciences Campus. Grant Number: 1P20RR11126
- Supporting Training Efforts in Lupus for Latin American Rheumatologists program
- 7European Working Party on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Morbidity and mortality in systemic lupus erythematosus during a 10-year period: a comparison of early and late manifestations in a cohort of 1,000 patients. Medicine (Baltimore) 2003; 82: 299–308., , , , , , et al, and the
- 21Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 27US Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census. Current population reports: series P-23, no. 28 and series P-60, no. 68 and subsequent years. Washington, DC: Housing and Household Economic Statistics Division; 1995.
- 41Predictors of one year outcome in lupus nephritis: the importance of renal biopsy. Q J Med 1991; 295: 907–18., , , , , .
- 42Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors delay the occurrence of renal involvement and are associated with a decreased risk of disease activity in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Results from LUMINA: a multiethnic US cohort. Rheumatology (Oxford) 2008; 47: 1093–6., , , , .