Functional and work outcomes improve in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who receive targeted, comprehensive occupational therapy
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis Care & Research
Volume 61, Issue 11, pages 1522–1530, 15 November 2009
How to Cite
Macedo, A. M., Oakley, S. P., Panayi, G. S. and Kirkham, B. W. (2009), Functional and work outcomes improve in patients with rheumatoid arthritis who receive targeted, comprehensive occupational therapy. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 61: 1522–1530. doi: 10.1002/art.24563
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 OCT 2007
- Guy's and St. Thomas' Charitable Foundation
- 5Arthritis and employment research: where are we? Where do we need to go? J Rheumatol Suppl 2005; 72: 42–5..
- 11Canadian occupational performance measure. 3rd ed. Ottawa: CAOT; 1998., , , , , .
- 14Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists. Enabling occupation: an occupational therapy perspective. Ottawa: CAOT; 1997.
- 26Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 27Early suppression of disease activity is essential for maintenance of work capacity in patients with recent-onset rheumatoid arthritis: five-year experience from the FIN-RACo trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 36–41., , , , , , et al.
- 28Arthritis and employment research: where are we? Where do we need to go? [review]. J Rheumatol Suppl 2005; 72: 42–5..
- 29Work disability in patients with rheumatoid arthritis in 15 countries [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl: S99., , , , , , et al.
- 33Impact of initial aggressive drug treatment with a combination of disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs on the development of work disability in early rheumatoid arthritis: a five-year randomized followup trial. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 55–62., , , , , , et al.