Dr. Kremer has received consulting fees from Pfizer (more than $10,000) and from Bristol-Myers Squibb, Centocor, Roche, and UCB (less than $10,000 each), and he served as a paid consultant to Pfizer in connection with this study.
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Article first published online: 29 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 60, Issue 7, pages 1895–1905, July 2009
How to Cite
Kremer, J. M., Bloom, B. J., Breedveld, F. C., Coombs, J. H., Fletcher, M. P., Gruben, D., Krishnaswami, S., Burgos-Vargas, R., Wilkinson, B., Zerbini, C. A. F. and Zwillich, S. H. (2009), The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: Results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa trial of three dosage levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 60: 1895–1905. doi: 10.1002/art.24567
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00147498.
Presented in part at the 70th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American College of Rheumatology, Washington, DC, November 2006.
- Issue published online: 29 JUN 2009
- Article first published online: 29 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 9 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 15 JUL 2008
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
Errata: The safety and efficacy of a JAK inhibitor in patients with active rheumatoid arthritis: Results of a double-blind, placebo-controlled phase IIa trial of three dosage levels of CP-690,550 versus placebo
Vol. 64, Issue 5, 1487, Article first published online: 26 APR 2012
- 3PREMIER Investigators. The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al, for the
- 4TEMPO (Trial of Etanercept and Methotrexate with Radiographic Patient Outcomes) Study Investigators. Therapeutic effect of the combination of etanercept and methotrexate compared with each treatment alone in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: double-blind randomised controlled trial. Lancet 2004; 363: 675–81., , , , , , et al,
- 5Secondary loss of efficacy with TNFα-antagonists: data from the STURE registry [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52 Suppl 9: S136., , , .
- 14Characterization of a potent inhibitor of JAK kinases, CP-690,550, and inhibition of specific JAK/STAT pathways at efficacious exposures in a rodent model of arthritis. Presented at Inflammation Research Association, 15th International Conference, 2008 Sep 21–24, Chantilly, Virginia., , , , , , et al.
- 21Development and validation of the European League Against Rheumatism response criteria for rheumatoid arthritis: comparison with the preliminary American College of Rheumatology and the World Health Organization/International League Against Rheumatism criteria. Arthritis Rheum 1996; 39: 34–40., , , , , .
- 22Standardizing assessment of adverse effects in rheumatology clinical trials. Status of OMERACT Toxicity Working Group March 2000: towards a common understanding of comparative toxicity/safety profiles for antirheumatic therapies. J Rheumatol 2001; 28: 1163–9., , , , , , et al.
- 25CHARISMA Study Group. Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2817–29., , , , , , et al, for the