Dr. Brown has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from Schering-Plough, Abbott, Wyeth, and Pfizer (less than $10,000 each).
Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Disease remission state in patients treated with the combination of tumor necrosis factor blockade and methotrexate or with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: A clinical and imaging comparative study
Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 60, Issue 7, pages 1915–1922, July 2009
How to Cite
Saleem, B., Brown, A. K., Keen, H., Nizam, S., Freeston, J., Karim, Z., Quinn, M., Wakefield, R., Hensor, E., Conaghan, P. G. and Emery, P. (2009), Disease remission state in patients treated with the combination of tumor necrosis factor blockade and methotrexate or with disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: A clinical and imaging comparative study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 60: 1915–1922. doi: 10.1002/art.24596
- Issue online: 29 JUN 2009
- Version of Record online: 29 JUN 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 18 MAR 2009
- Manuscript Received: 8 AUG 2008
- Arthritis Research Campaign
- Abbott Laboratories
- 2Subcommittee for Criteria of Remission in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the American Rheumatism Association Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee. Preliminary criteria for clinical remission in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 1981; 24: 1308–15., , , and the
- 12Presence of significant synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis patients with disease-modifying antirheumatic drug– induced clinical remission: evidence from an imaging study may explain structural progression. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3761–73., , , , , , et al.
- 13PREMIER Investigators. The PREMIER study: a multicenter, randomized, double-blind clinical trial of combination therapy with adalimumab plus methotrexate versus methotrexate alone or adalimumab alone in patients with early, aggressive rheumatoid arthritis who had not had previous methotrexate treatment. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 26–37., , , , , , et al, for the
- 15Clinical and radiographic outcomes of four different treatment strategies in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis (the BeSt study): a randomized, controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 3381–90., , , , , , et al.
- 17Disconnect between inflammation and joint destruction after treatment with etanercept plus methotrexate: results from the trial of etanercept and methotrexate with radiographic and patient outcomes. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3119–25., , , , .
- 18ATTRACT Study Group. Evidence of radiographic benefit of treatment with infliximab plus methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis patients who had no clinical improvement: a detailed subanalysis of data from the Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor Trial in Rheumatoid Arthritis with Concomitant Therapy study. Arthritis Rheum 2005; 52: 1020–30., , , , , , et al for the
- 19Elucidation of the relationship between synovitis and bone damage: a randomized magnetic resonance imaging study of individual joints in patients with early rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum 2003; 48: 64–71., , , , , , et al.
- 20Longitudinal power Doppler ultrasonographic assessment of joint inflammatory activity in early rheumatoid arthritis: predictive value in disease activity and radiologic progression. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 57: 116–24., , , , , , et al.
- 30Adalimumab plus methotrexate results in less frequent and less severe radiographic progression than methotrexate alone at all levels of clinical response in early rheumatoid arthritis. Ann Rheum Dis 2006; 65 Suppl II: ii88., , , , , .
- 32Combined evaluation of influence of sonographer and machine type on the reliability of power Doppler ultrasonography (PDUS) for detecting, scoring and scanning synovitis in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) patients: results of an intermachine reliability exercise. Ann Rheum Dis 2008; 67 Suppl II: ii421., , , , , , et al.