Rheumatoid Arthritis Clinical Studies
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy following rituximab treatment in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis
Article first published online: 29 OCT 2009
Copyright © 2009 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 60, Issue 11, pages 3225–3228, November 2009
How to Cite
Fleischmann, R. M. (2009), Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy following rituximab treatment in a patient with rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 60: 3225–3228. doi: 10.1002/art.24906
- Issue published online: 29 OCT 2009
- Article first published online: 29 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 JUL 2009
- Manuscript Received: 3 APR 2009
- Biogen Idec
- 6Genentech Inc. Important drug warning regarding Raptiva (efalizumab). URL: http://www.gene.com/gene/products/information/pdf/raptiva_dhcp_pml3.pdf. February 10, 2009.
- 9US Food and Drug Administration. Public health advisory: life-threatening brain infection in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus after Rituxan (rituximab) treatment. URL: http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PublicHealthAdvisories/ucm124345.htm. Updated June 18, 2009.
- 10Genentech Inc. Rituximab new safety information. URL: www.fda.gov/medwatch/safety/2008/rituxan_DHCP_Final%209411700.pdf.
- 11REFLEX Trial Group. Rituximab for rheumatoid arthritis refractory to anti–tumor necrosis factor therapy: results of a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, phase III trial evaluating primary efficacy and safety at twenty-four weeks. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2793–806., , , , , , et al, for the
- 16Long-term safety of rituximab: 6-year follow-up of the RA clinical trials and re-treatment population [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl 9: S300., , , , , , et al.
- 20US Food and Drug Administration. Reporting by health professionals. URL: http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/report/hcp.htm.
- 21Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy—a national estimate of frequency in SLE and other rheumatic diseases [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl 9: S637., .