Dr. Ginzler has served on a steering committee (unpaid) and received research funding from Aspreva/Vifor, and has received consulting fees, speaking fees, and/or honoraria from MedImmune, Wyeth, Cephalon, Genentech, Aspreva Pharmaceuticals, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Human Genome Sciences, Merck Serono, Teva Pharmaceuticals, and Zymogenetics (less than $10,000 each), and from the investment analysts Guidepoint Global and Gerson Lehman Group.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Nonrenal disease activity following mycophenolate mofetil or intravenous cyclophosphamide as induction treatment for lupus nephritis: Findings in a multicenter, prospective, randomized, open-label, parallel-group clinical trial†
Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 62, Issue 1, pages 211–221, January 2010
How to Cite
Ginzler, E. M., Wofsy, D., Isenberg, D., Gordon, C., Lisk, L. and Dooley, M.-A. (2010), Nonrenal disease activity following mycophenolate mofetil or intravenous cyclophosphamide as induction treatment for lupus nephritis: Findings in a multicenter, prospective, randomized, open-label, parallel-group clinical trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 62: 211–221. doi: 10.1002/art.25052
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00377637. This is protocol WX17801 from the Aspreva Lupus Management Study Group (see Appendix A for principal investigators and study centers).
- Issue published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Article first published online: 28 DEC 2009
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 SEP 2009
- Manuscript Received: 28 JAN 2009
- Aspreva Pharmaceuticals
- 2Treatment with cyclophosphamide delays the progression of chronic lesions more effectively than does treatment with azathioprine plus methylprednisolone in patients with proliferative lupus nephritis. Arthritis Rheum 2007; 56: 924–37., , , , , , et al.
- 6The BILAG multi-centre RCT comparing cyclosporine (CyA) versus azathioprine (AZA) in patients with severe SLE: evaluation of disease activity, damage and quality of life [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54 Suppl: S789., , , , , , et al.
- 7Canadian Network for Improved Outcomes in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Steroid-sparing effects of methotrexate in systemic lupus erythematosus: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 59: 1796–804., , , , , , et al, for the
- 11Dehydroepiandosterone for systemic lupus erythematosus [abstract]. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007; 17: CD005114. http://mrw.interscience.wiley.com/cochrane/clsysrev/articles/CD005114/pdf_fs.html., , , , .
- 12LBSL02/99 Study Group. Belimumab (fully human monoclonal antibody to BLyS) improved or stabilized systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) disease activity over 3 years of therapy [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2008; 58 Suppl: S573., , , , , , et al, for the
- 13Belimumab (Bmab), a fully human monoclonal antibody to B-lymphocyte stimulator (Blys), shows bioactivity and reduces systemic lupus erythematosus disease activity. Proceedings of the Annual European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR); 2006 June 21–24; Amsterdam, The Netherlands., , , , , , et al.
- 14Multiple SLE disease activity measures in a multi-center phase 2 SLE trial demonstrate belimumab (fully human monoclonal antibody to B-lymphocyte stimulator [Blys]) improves or stabilizes SLE activity. Proceedings of the Annual European Congress of Rheumatology (EULAR); 2006 June 21–24; Amsterdam, The Netherlands., , , , , , et al.
- 22Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 25Sensitivity of the Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index, British Isles Lupus Assessment Group Index, and Systemic Lupus Activity Measure in the evaluation of clinical change in childhood-onset systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum 1999; 42: 1354–60., , , .