ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00046774.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Tocilizumab in systemic lupus erythematosus: Data on safety, preliminary efficacy, and impact on circulating plasma cells from an open-label phase I dosage-escalation study†
Article first published online: 28 JAN 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 62, Issue 2, pages 542–552, February 2010
How to Cite
Illei, G. G., Shirota, Y., Yarboro, C. H., Daruwalla, J., Tackey, E., Takada, K., Fleisher, T., Balow, J. E. and Lipsky, P. E. (2010), Tocilizumab in systemic lupus erythematosus: Data on safety, preliminary efficacy, and impact on circulating plasma cells from an open-label phase I dosage-escalation study. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 62: 542–552. doi: 10.1002/art.27221
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2010
- Article first published online: 28 JAN 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 16 OCT 2009
- Manuscript Received: 20 OCT 2008
- Intramural Research Program of the National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases
- Collaborative Research and Development Agreement with Chugai Pharmaceutical Company, Ltd.
- 18Anti–interleukin-6 receptor antibody therapy favors adrenal androgen secretion in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 1778–85., , , , , , et al.
- 19Diagnostic and Therapeutic Criteria Committee of the American College of Rheumatology. Updating the American College of Rheumatology revised criteria for the classification of systemic lupus erythematosus [letter]. Arthritis Rheum 1997; 40: 1725., for the
- 23American College of Rheumatology Ad Hoc Committee on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Response Criteria. The American College of Rheumatology response criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus clinical trials: measures of overall disease activity. Arthritis Rheum 2004; 50: 3418–26.
- 25Study of active controlled monotherapy used for rheumatoid arthritis, an IL-6 inhibitor (SAMURAI): evidence of clinical and radiographic benefit from an x ray reader-blinded randomised controlled trial of tocilizumab. Ann Rheum Dis 2007; 66: 1162–7., , , , , , et al.
- 26CHARISMA Study Group. Double-blind randomized controlled clinical trial of the interleukin-6 receptor antagonist, tocilizumab, in European patients with rheumatoid arthritis who had an incomplete response to methotrexate. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 2817–29., , , , , , et al, for the
- 27Therapeutic benefit of blocking interleukin-6 activity with an anti–interleukin-6 receptor monoclonal antibody in rheumatoid arthritis: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation trial. Arthritis Rheum 2002; 46: 3143–50., , , , , , et al.