The opinions or assertions presented herein are the private views of the authors and are not to be construed as conveying either an official endorsement or criticism by the US Department of Health and Human Services, the Public Health Service, or the Food and Drug Administration.
Tumor necrosis factor α blockers and malignancy in children: Forty-eight cases reported to the food and drug administration†
Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 62, Issue 8, pages 2517–2524, August 2010
How to Cite
Diak, P., Siegel, J., La Grenade, L., Choi, L., Lemery, S. and McMahon, A. (2010), Tumor necrosis factor α blockers and malignancy in children: Forty-eight cases reported to the food and drug administration. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 62: 2517–2524. doi: 10.1002/art.27511
- Issue published online: 3 AUG 2010
- Article first published online: 13 APR 2010
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 APR 2010
- Manuscript Received: 17 SEP 2009
- 1Food and Drug Administration. Early communication about an ongoing safety review of Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) blockers (marketed as Remicade, Enbrel, Humira, and Cimzia). URL: www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/ucm070725.htm.
- 5Food and Drug Administration. Drugs@FDA. Infliximab, etanercept, and adalimumab label information. URL: www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/index.cfm.
- 8Malignancy in juvenile idiopathic arthritis [abstract]. Arthritis Rheum 2009; 60 Suppl: S91–2., , , , , , et al.
- 11Food and Drug Administration. Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS). URL: www.fda.gov/Drugs/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/Surveillance/AdverseDrugEffects/default.htm.
- 12Drug utilization sources: Remicade - Centocor Ortho Biotech Inc. data on file; Enbrel - Amgen Inc.; Humira - IMS Health, NPA Plus, 2006-2007. Information derived by Abbott from data provided by Wolters Kluwer Health, Source Lx, 2006-2007.