Dr. Merrill has received consulting fees from Bristol-Myers Squibb (less than $10,000) and serves as a consultant for investment analysts through vetted sources requiring only disclosure/discussion of public information.
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
The efficacy and safety of abatacept in patients with non–life-threatening manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus: Results of a twelve-month, multicenter, exploratory, phase IIb, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial†
Article first published online: 8 JUN 2010
Copyright © 2010 by the American College of Rheumatology
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Volume 62, Issue 10, pages 3077–3087, October 2010
How to Cite
Merrill, J. T., Burgos-Vargas, R., Westhovens, R., Chalmers, A., D'Cruz, D., Wallace, D. J., Bae, S. C., Sigal, L., Becker, J.-C., Kelly, S., Raghupathi, K., Li, T., Peng, Y., Kinaszczuk, M. and Nash, P. (2010), The efficacy and safety of abatacept in patients with non–life-threatening manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus: Results of a twelve-month, multicenter, exploratory, phase IIb, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis & Rheumatism, 62: 3077–3087. doi: 10.1002/art.27601
ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00119678.
- Issue published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 8 JUN 2010
- Accepted manuscript online: 8 JUN 2010 12:00AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 JUN 2010
- Manuscript Received: 15 DEC 2009
- Bristol-Myers Squibb, Princeton, NJ
- Bristol-Myers Squibb also funded the editorial assistance provided by Medicus International
- 4The effect of moderate-dose corticosteroids in preventing severe flares in patients with serologically active, but clinically stable, systemic lupus erythematosus: findings of a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 2006; 54: 3623–32., , , , , , et al.
- 14Bristol-Myers Squibb, sponsor. Abatacept in the treatment and prevention of active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) flares in combination with prednisone. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier:NCT00119678; 2009.
- 15World Medical Association. World Medical Association Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subjects. URL: http://www.wma.net/en/30publications/10policies/b3/index.html.
- 22MOS Sleep Scale: a manual for use and scoring: version 1.0. Los Angeles: RAND Corporation; 2003., .
- 27National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, sponsor. Abatacept and Cyclophosphamide Combination Therapy for Lupus Nephritis (ACCESS). ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00774852; 2009.
- 28Bristol-Myers Squibb, sponsor. Efficacy and safety study of abatacept to treat lupus nephritis. ClinicalTrials.gov identifier: NCT00430677; 2009.